We summarized the past week in non-bonus news back in this post. Now, we provide a recap of last week in Biglaw and associate bonus news:
* In merger news, Kirkpatrick & Lockhart and Preston Gates & Ellis are combining to form “K&L Gates.”
* Meanwhile, the Dewey-Orrick merger will be delayed in its consummation.
* As for law firm associate bonuses, it was actually a pretty unexciting week, despite the flurry of announcements. With the obvious exception of Wachtell Lipton, every firm that announced essentially matched the market bonuses (as set during the prior week by Milbank).
* For the archives of our complete bonus coverage, click here, then scroll down. For bonus information about a specific firm, go to our firm-by-firm linkwrap, after the jump.
Firms are listed alphabetically. Click on the firm’s name for more information about their 2006 bonus structure (with an internal memo or numbers where available).
1. Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft
2. Cravath, Swaine & Moore
3. Clifford Chance
4. Davis Polk & Wardwell
5. Debevoise & Plimpton
6. Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson
7. LeBoeuf Lamb Greene & MacRae
8. Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy
9. Morrison & Foerster (NY)
10. Paul Weiss Rifkind Wharton & Garrison
11. Shearman & Sterling
12. Simpson Thacher & Bartlett
13. Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom
14. Sullivan & Cromwell
15. Wachtell Lipton Rosen & Katz
16. White & Case
17. Weil Gotshal & Manges
18. Willkie Farr & Gallagher