“My boyfriend summered at MoFo, and all I got was this lousy tote bag!”
These days are dominated by gloomy news: dissolutions, layoffs, rescinded offers. It gets depressing — and old. So let’s shift gears and talk about a happy topic: law firm offer swag.
Yes, America still has large law firms. They are still hiring summer associates. And these firms still woo prospective summers with fabulous prizes, to encourage acceptance of their offers. Word on the street is that S&C is once again plying offerees with its fabled bonsai trees.
And sometimes even editors of humble legal blogs get gifts in the mail. The good folks over at Morrison & Foerster sent us some lovely gifts, which we’re guessing they’ve also shared with offer recipients (although we’re not positive; please do let us know).
Update: A tipster tells us that, in addition to the items we received, MoFo also gave out 4G jump drives and universal outlet converters.
Check out a slideshow of the MoFo loot — and compare your Biglaw hauls, in the comments — after the jump.
See below for the slides. The MoFo loot — revolving around the MoFo/Mojo theme, see www.MofoMojo.com — consisted of:
1) a brochure, entitled “Pigeonholed,” warning of the dangers of being pigeonholed (and talking about how that never happens at MoFo);
2) a “MoJo”-branded Clif bar (yum);
3) a hard plastic container of Morrison & Foerster mints (“Case made in China. Mints made in USA or China.”);
4) a t-shirt reading “unleash your mojo” (front) and “think mofo” (back); and
5) a burlap-ish tote bag printed with “renew your mojo” (one side) and “think mofo” (other side).
So which firm gave out the best cookies? And what did Papa Cravath send out this year? Dish on your favorite (and least favorite) law firm offer swag, in the comments.