* Is associate hiring bouncing back? Not so fast. [Young Lawyers Blog]
* Tape-recorded trash talk at the Raj Rajaratnam trial. [Dealbreaker]
* Here’s a good response to Mark Herrmann’s request for examples of crappy behavior by partners: “Miss a deadline, and then throw your secretary and associate under the bus when called out for it.” [South Florida Lawyers]
* Our tipster, a Georgetown Law alum, has the credited response: “[T]his must have been a GULC student mad he/she could have gone to Texas, gotten a 3500 sq foot wife and a Lexis, and graduated with the same presTTTige.” [Law Library Feedback Blog]
* Law firms have been supporting Japan relief efforts (see here and here), but Felix Salmon urges you not to give money to Japan (or if you do donate to a relief organization, make sure your donation is unrestricted). [Reuters]
* Tax time is just a month away. What should be America’s top tax rate — 25 percent or 49 percent? [TaxProf Blog]
* This illustration of Justice Thurgood Marshall isn’t racist, is it? [Zoopreme Court]
* A Happy St. Patrick’s Day, from Elie — after the jump….