July was an awesome month for lawyers. June was great for scandalous lawyers, but July has been great for straight-up star power.
We’ve got some great candidates from July. We’ve got some candidates who accomplished things in the law. But only one of our Lawyer of the Month contestants is also a new mother…
Here are your choices. Vote in the poll below. As always, the criteria for Lawyer of the Month are whatever you guys think the criteria should be.
- Philip Alito: We’ve done a lot of posts on celebrity summer associates. The most popular has been Phil Alito. Apparently, sucking up to the the son of a Supreme Court justice comes naturally to us.
- Jose Baez: You think Casey Anthony was guilty? You really think she did it? Then you must also believe Jose Baez is one of the best attorneys in the world. Me, I think I’d rather live in a world where the lady didn’t kill her daughter.
- Elana Nightingale Dawson. Did you go into labor, finish the bar exam, and then deliver your baby a couple of hours later? Recent Northwestern Law grad Elana Dawson did.
- Jim David: We love it when lawyers melt down. We love it when lawyers melt down because they’re billing too many hours. We really love it when the number of hours needed to get a lawyer to melt down is less than the number of hours a summer associate might bill.
Vote in the poll below. Voting ends Sunday, August 7, at 11:59 PM (Eastern time).
Who should be July's Lawyer of the Month?
- Elana Dawson (66%, 297 Votes)
- Jose Baez (26%, 119 Votes)
- Jim David (6%, 26 Votes)
- Philip Alito (2%, 10 Votes)
Total Voters: 452
Earlier: Breaking: Casey Anthony Verdict
Celebrity Summer Associate: Supreme Offspring
Lawyer of the Day: Prosecutor Has A Nutty After A 60-Hour Week
Pregnant Woman Takes Bar Exam While in Labor, Delivers Baby Right After!