Our candidates for the coveted Lawyer of the Month title have been a bit tame for the past few months. This time around, we’ve chosen some lawyers and law students who represent our more prurient interests and our unabashed love for scandal.
Aficionados of hookers? We’ve got ’em. Vicious tongue lashings? We’ve got those, too.
This installment of the competition is the sex, violence, and stupidity edition. Check out our deadly and disorderly nominees for the month of September….
Here are your choices. As always, the criteria for Lawyer of the Month are whatever you guys think the criteria should be.
- Alisha Smith: This sexxxy assistant Attorney General from Manhattan may qualify as a lady in the street but a freak in the bed. She was suspended after her boss found out that she was allegedly doing double duty as a dominatrix.
- Bruce Reilly: Currently a 1L at Tulane Law, this law student is a true renaissance man. He’s a writer, he’s an advocate, and he’s a murderer. This aspiring lawyer killed a professor after a blow job gone bad.
- D. Marvin Jones: Thinking of playing hooky for this law professor’s class? Don’t do it — “hooky” is a little too close to “hooker.” He’s allegedly “just a horny guy,” who allegedly loves prostitutes (and is prone to suing over it).
- Chief Judge Edith Jones: We write about benchslaps all the time, but this judicial diva took the phrase literally when she slapped the bench and told a colleague to “shut up” on the record. Talk about a verbal spanking.
- Robert Stephens: That’s “with a P-H!” Occupying Wall Street is a favorite pastime of this George Washington University Law student. And so is begging to be arrested, and making up stories about the foreclosure of his parents’ home.
Please vote in the poll below. Voting will end on SUNDAY, OCTOBER 9, at 11:59 PM (Eastern time).
Who should be September's Lawyer of the Month?
- Alisha Smith (27%, 90 Votes)
- Bruce Reilly (22%, 73 Votes)
- Robert Stephens (19%, 62 Votes)
- Chief Judge Edith Jones (17%, 58 Votes)
- D. Marvin Jones (15%, 50 Votes)
Total Voters: 333
Earlier: Lawyer of the Day: Is This Manhattan Assistant AG Turning It Around On Them Like a Woman Who Puts On A…
Tulane Students Speak Out About 1L Ex-Con Bruce Reilly
Law & Murder: Tulane Law School Follow-Up and Poll
New Tulane 1L Is An Advocate, A Writer, And A Murderer
Miami Criminal Law Professor Accused of Prostitution-Related Offense — Again
Judicial Diva Gone Wild? Chief Judge Jones Tells Judge Dennis to ‘Shut Up’
Video of George Washington Law Student ‘Occupying’ Wall Street: Hilarity Ensues