November is typically a month where people give thanks for all of the good things in their lives. The vast majority of the scandalous lawyers featured in these pages seem to have forgotten about that small fact. They just don’t give a damn.
Family ties? Meh. The troops? Screw ‘em. Honorific ATL titles? Totally lame.
Who are these thankless men? Let’s check out the candidate pool for November’s Lawyer of the Month competition….
Here are your choices. As always, the criteria for Lawyer of the Month are whatever you guys think the criteria should be.
- Judge William Adams: This state-court judge was featured in a violent video on YouTube giving his disabled daughter a Texas-style “talking to.” You know, the kind where your belt does all the talking? The best part of it is that this guy is a family law judge.
- Michael Avery: This Suffolk Law professor doesn’t give a damn about the troops, so he decided to send out an anti-military email screed that went viral. His timing was impeccable, because all of the fallout from this happened around Veterans Day.
- Ira Schacter: This Cadwalader partner was up for October Lawyer of the Month honors, but he tried to rig the voting so that he’d lose the title. He apparently didn’t want to be perceived as an “a**hole.” Sorry, Ira, but you’re a little late.
Please vote in the poll below. Voting will end on FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9, at 11:59 PM (Eastern time).
Who should be November's Lawyer of the Month?
- Ira Schacter (65%, 319 Votes)
- Judge William Adams (25%, 121 Votes)
- Michael Avery (10%, 48 Votes)
Total Voters: 488
Earlier: Video Allegedly Depicts Texas Family Court Judge Beating Disabled Daughter
Law Professor Objects to Solicitations to Help Our Troops in Afghanistan
A Prominent Partner Gets Out the Vote and Avoids ‘Lawyer of the Month’ Honors