What’s next in eDiscovery? In this On Demand webinar, Recommind explores how predictive coding has evolved, and how prioritized review helps with fact-finding and legal problem solving. Watch this in-depth webinar to learn how advanced analytics and machine learning are powering litigation strategy as well as efficiency.
Murdering Lawyers was selected by Suspense Magazine as one of its Best Books of 2014; makes a perfect holiday gift for the lawyers in your life
Murdering Lawyers by Larry Fine is a legal thriller with murder, international intrigue, and diabolical evil involving many of the most powerful lawyers and judges in New York City.
You forget the names of streets two seconds after Google tells them to you. You can’t remember your grandmother’s birthday. And forget about ever finding where you put your keys. It’s not your fault. You have a puny little short-term memory. Apologies — you don’t have a particularly puny short-term memory. All humans have limited […]
* Still looking for a great gift for your assistant? Corporette presents their annual secretary gift guide! [Corporette]
* Associates are super excited about their shiny — but discretionary — bonuses. Note that base pay hasn’t taken a similar leap. Thanks for throwing a wet blanket on the season. [Law and More]
* Who are the new lawyers in Congress? Mike Sacks profiles them. [National Law Journal]
* The law firm trying to kill the internet is Jenner & Block. That’s unfair — the law firm employed by people trying to kill the internet is Jenner & Block. And they’re willing to write a whole letter and make a state Attorney General just sign it! That’s some pull. [The Verge]
* At this special time of year, let’s remember who this season is all about: pagans. [What About Clients?]
* U.S. District Judge Algenon L. Marbley just resigned to settle an ethics probe. Not as a federal judge of course, but as a trustee to THE Ohio State University. The Ohio Ethics Commission raised issues with Judge Marbley serving as a trustee while simultaneously teaching as an adjunct at the law school. [Columbus Dispatch]
* Brad and Da Boyz with a nice little ditty about copyright infringement and fair use. [YouTube]
One of our key law firm clients has referred us to one of their important clients in the US, Europe and China – a leading global technology supplier for the auto industry – in order to handle their search for a new Asia General Counsel and Asia Chief Compliance Officer. Kinney is exclusively handling this in-house search.