It’s time to crown February’s Lawyer of the Month. Yes, we realize that it’s a little late to be conducting a poll for February, but we’d still like to give our candidates a chance to extend their 15 minutes of fame (or infamy).
Last month, we saw some wacky antics from judges and former Biglaw associates, and some lawyering that has the potential to rock the world of legal education for the rest of time.
That being said, let’s check out our nominees for the month of February….
Here are your choices. As always, the criteria for Lawyer of the Month are whatever you guys think the criteria should be.
- Jesse Strauss and David Anziska: As promised, Team Strauss/Anziska is working hard to make 2012 the “year of law school litigation.” They certainly started the movement off on the right foot when on February 1, they filed 12 class action lawsuits in addition to the ones already they’ve got pending.
- Michael Zulandt: This former Cravath associate didn’t get the spring bonus that he was hoping for this year. Instead, he found out that his law license was being suspended due to some domestic violence charges lodged by his ex-girlfriend. Hell still hath no fury like a woman scorned.
- Judge Tonya Parker: This openly gay judge is taking a stand for what she believes is right. Although performing marriage ceremonies is only a discretionary function of her job, this Texan judge won’t budge when it comes to marrying straight people. Why? Her state doesn’t support marriage equality.
- Judge David Barrett: What happens when a judge in Georgia pulls out a handgun during a hearing, pretends to hand it to an alleged rape victim on the stand, tells her that she’s “killing her case,” and that she “might as well shoot” her lawyer? Easy. He becomes an ex-judge.
Please vote in the poll below. Voting will end on SUNDAY, MARCH 18, at 11:59 PM (Eastern time).
Who should be February's Lawyer of the Month?
- Judge David Barrett (43%, 147 Votes)
- Judge Tonya Parker (32%, 111 Votes)
- Jesse Strauss and David Anziska (23%, 79 Votes)
- Michael Zulandt (2%, 8 Votes)
Total Voters: 343
Earlier: Ex-Judge of the Day: Yes, Flashing Your Piece in Court Is a ‘Poor Rhetorical Point’
Judge of the Day: Awesome Lesbian Judge in Texas Refuses to Marry Straight People
Lawyer of the Day: Former Cravath Associate’s Law License Suspended After Assault Conviction
Twelve More Law Schools Slapped with Class Action Lawsuits Over Employment Data