April showers are supposed bring May flowers, but in the law world, April just showered us with a bunch of ridiculous lawyers acting like complete a-holes. One can only hope that May’s crop of nominees for the Lawyer of the Month contest brings us some more worthy competitors.
Drunken hotties? We’ve got ‘em. Nasty note writers? We’ve got those, too.
Let’s check out our nominees for April’s Lawyer of the Month competition….
Here are your choices. As always, the criteria for Lawyer of the Month are whatever you guys think the criteria should be.
- Kristine Ragan: A former law clerk, this fine filly stands accused of trying to break into a judge’s home while inebriated. Maybe she was friends with Courtney King, of “Google me, bitch” fame. What’s with Louisville Law grads allegedly getting drunk and acting like fools?
- Steve Filarsky: A party to a SCOTUS case, this lawyer took his gloating a bit too far when he found out that he was victorious by a 9-0 margin. He wrote a nastygram for the losing litigant, advising him to read the opinion “eternally from hell.” So much for professional courtesy.
- Howard Schechter: It’s not every day that you see a cease-and-desist letter for an Etsy user that’s riddled with typos and written by a lawyer’s wife. Then again, it’s not every day that a defense to such a letter being written is, “I’m Brazilian, not a paralegal.”
- Steven Davis: Up for Lawyer of the Month honors in March, we think the former head of Dewey & LeBoeuf deserves another chance at the title. After all, the man’s undergoing a criminal probe and he’s been axed from firm leadership. It’s really the least that we can do.
- Michael Winner: A Mercer Law graduate, this criminal defense attorney stands accused of trading contraband and free legal services in exchange for peep shows from female prisoners. Pro bono? Yeah right — this lawyer allegedly prefers “pro boner” work.
Please vote in the poll below. Voting will end on SUNDAY, MAY 6, at 11:59 PM (Eastern time).
Who should be April's Lawyer of the Month?
- Steven Davis (39%, 144 Votes)
- Steve Filarsky (26%, 97 Votes)
- Michael Winner (18%, 66 Votes)
- Kristine Ragan (9%, 33 Votes)
- Howard Schechter (8%, 29 Votes)
Total Voters: 369
Earlier: Lawyer of the Day: Ex-Clerk Accused in Bizarre Break-In
Lawyer of the Day: SCOTUS Victor Advises Losing Litigant to Read Opinion ‘Eternally from Hell’
Cease-and-Desist Letter Made For Etsy User Is Riddled With Handmade Errors
We Don’t Have Any Summer Associates, Dewey? (And additional info about a possible criminal probe.)
Dewey Have Good News To Report? Quite Possibly
Lawyer of the Day: Criminal Defense Attorney Accused of Offering ‘Pro Boner’ Assistance to Female Inmates