June wasn’t exactly hot in terms of bonus payouts, but the weather sure heated up quickly. And thanks to the lawyers we’ve singled out for Lawyer of the Month candidacy, June turned into a real scorcher in terms of humorous legal antics and allegations of attorney misconduct.
While some lawyers allegedly participated in scandalous aeronautical activities, others were literally condemned to crappy community service projects. But who will come out on top in our monthly contest?
Take a look at our nominees for June’s Lawyer of the Month and find out….
Here are your choices, along with a description of each nominee’s alleged conduct. As always, the criteria for Lawyer of the Month are whatever you guys think the criteria should be.
- Charles Carreon: In response to a legal threat made on behalf of one of Carreon’s clients, webcomic site The Oatmeal drew a cartoon of Carreon’s mother seducing a bear and asked that donations be made to two charitable causes. Instead of taking it in good humor, Carreon decided to sue in federal court. Forget the Lawyer of the Month title — this guy should earn a Lifetime Streisand Effect award.
- Leonard Julius Sawyer: Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherf**kin’ trouser snakes on this motherf**kin’ plane! (Gavel bang: Learned Paw.) This attorney earned our Lawyer of the Day title for his ballsy antics on a Continental Airlines flight. No, sir, you cannot “just have [your] fly undone” — especially when you’ve got a raging boner.
- Frank Louderback: Have you ever tried to get out of a federal death penalty case to participate in an Ernest Hemingway look-alike contest? This guy has. Unfortunately, the presiding judge tolled the bell on Louderback’s motion with a swift denial. Better luck next time!
- Joseph Neal Jr.: This personal injury practitioner earned our Lawyer of the Day title back in March for his alleged participation in a threesome with his wife and the family babysitter. In a plea bargain deal last month, a judge sentenced this “sh*t law” attorney to literally wade in sh*t during community service at a sewage treatment plant. Ahh, poetic justice
- Kent Easter and Jill Easter: These model parents stand accused of planting a potpourri of prescription drugs on a parent volunteer from their son’s school. Daddy, a UCLA Law grad, was a partner at a midsize firm, and Mommy graduated from Boalt Hall. Talk about some bad Easter eggs.
Please vote in the poll below. Voting will end on SUNDAY, JULY 8, at 11:59 PM (Eastern time).
Who should be June's Lawyer of the Month?
- Charles Carreon (48%, 199 Votes)
- Kent Easter and Jill Easter (31%, 131 Votes)
- Frank Louderback (9%, 37 Votes)
- Leonard Julius Sawyer (7%, 29 Votes)
- Joseph Neal Jr. (5%, 22 Votes)
Total Voters: 418
Earlier: Lawyer of the Day: No, a Man Cannot Just Have ‘His Fly Undone’
A Farewell to Dismiss: Judge Tolls the Bell on Hemingway Doppelganger
‘Sh*t Law’ Attorney Sentenced to Perform Community Service at Sewage Treatment Plant
Hide Your Donations, Hide Your Comic; They Are Suing Everybody Up in Here
A Law Firm Partner and His Boalt Hall Wife Stand Accused of Planting Drugs on an Elementary School Volunteer