October brought a lot of tricks for the legal community, but there were some treats, too. From death-defying deeds of dumbness to dastardly weather disasters, last month seemed to have it all as far as we’re concerned.
Which attorney allegedly dropped a joint in front of cops in a courthouse? Which attorney allegedly got so wasted that she threw herself in the garbage? And which lawyer was so sexy that he won money for it?
Check out our nominees for October’s Lawyer of the Month….
Here are your choices, along with a description of each nominee’s alleged conduct. As always, the criteria for Lawyer of the Month are whatever you guys think the criteria should be.
- Jason Cantrell: This assistant city attorney was talking to a police officer in court when a joint fell out of his pocket. He was cited for possession of marijuana, and suspended without pay. We’re reminded of that Afroman song. Cantrell was gonna check his pockets for pot, but then he got high?
- Ryan Chenevert: This southern stud was the lone lawyer in Cosmo’s Bachelor of the Year competition. He may have been “just a regular guy with a law degree,” but with a little help from the votes of Above the Law readers, he was still able to take home the title, along with a $10,000 prize.
- James Baber: This Seton Hall law student didn’t jump in front of an oncoming PATH train because of his job prospects in this time of turmoil for the legal profession. No, he jumped in front of an oncoming PATH train to save an elderly woman. Talk about a good samaritan hero!
- Margaret Baumer: This recent Cardozo Law graduate was unable to get into her apartment, so she hatched a rather
drunkenMacGyver-esque plan — she jumped into the building’s trash chute, and nearly had her arm crushed in the process. We hope she’s on the road to recovery.
Please vote in the poll below. Voting will end on SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 11, at 11:59 PM (Eastern time).
Who should be October's Lawyer of the Month?
- James Baber (52%, 138 Votes)
- Margaret Baumer (24%, 65 Votes)
- Jason Cantrell (21%, 55 Votes)
- Ryan Chenevert (3%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 267
Earlier: A Recent Cardozo Law Grad Gets Trashed — Literally
Law Student of the Day: A Good Samaritan Hero
Above The Law Helps Crowdsource A Win In Cosmo’s Bachelor Of The Year Contest
Prosecutor Drops Joint in Court, in Front of Cops; Promptly Curses the Day He Was Born