Lateral Link had a record year in 2012. We promoted eleven recruiters — five new Principals, five new Senior Directors, and one new Managing Director. Given our existing client base, we are hiring Directors for our Partner Group in all major markets to assist with partner level recruiting for Am Law 200 and regional boutiques.
Lateral Link is a leading global legal recruiting firm with twelve (12) offices in the United States and Asia. We have immediate openings in our New York, Chicago, San Francisco, and Dallas offices for a Director-level recruiters to focus on partner search. This is a unique opportunity to leverage an existing client base while joining our team of experienced recruiters, including Larry Latourette (HLS ’82), former managing partner of the Preston Gates, DC office and partner recruiter with over a decade of experience, who manages our partner recruiting practice.
Why Lateral Link? Continue reading to learn more….
- Lateral Link has a well-known and respected brand name; we were voted “Best Legal Search Firm in the U.S.” in 2012.
- Founded by Harvard Law School alums, we have a vibrant, talented group of recruiters that works together in a collegial fashion.
- We have an inside sales function that provides assistance with your business development efforts.
- We invest in marketing, training, and networking events to help you generate business.
- Our candidate database and tracking system is one of the most comprehensive and innovative on the market.
- Our partner-level commission-based compensation is well above market coupled with open territories without geographic restraints. Get paid more for working in larger markets!
- Our organization has room for advancement and upward mobility. For 2013, we promoted eleven (11) recruiters, five (5) of whom became “Principals” who will earn generous guaranteed bonuses on top of their commissions.
Compensation is commission based with possibility of a monthly advance while ramping up.
Lateral Link only hires professionals of exceptional quality and professionalism:
- BA/BS and JD degree.
- 8 to 12 + years of experience working in a large law firm, in-house law department, executive or legal recruiting firm or law school career services; prior sales experience highly valued. Proven track record if coming directly from another search firm.
- Poise and the ability to present a confident demeanor along with the ability to listen well.
- Willingness to reach out to candidates and prospective clients through cold and warm calling.
- High energy and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity.
- Strong team orientation; interested in being surrounded by and being a supportive colleague.
How to Respond: Email your résumé and cover letter describing your interest and fit to Dwight Melton. All responses are treated confidentially.