We at Kinney Recruiting have a long standing relationship with the Chinese Business Lawyers Association and have placed in HK / China many of their members, including past officers and board of directors members. The CBLA will be having their busiest calendar to date in 2013, with many events being planned (Kinney’s Evan Jowers, will be at many of these events, including on various discussion panels).
Please note that CBLA will be holding an informative and interesting seminar on Monday, January 28 at Fordham Law School -“Deals and Suits: Challenges and Opportunities for Chinese Companies Doing Business in the United States,” jointly presented by CBLA and Fordham Law School at McNally Amphitheatre of Fordham Law School on Monday, January 28, 2013 at 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
The program includes two parts:
Suits: Litigation Challenges Facing Chinese Companies in the United States
• Moderator: Professor Carl Minzner
• Long Arm Jurisdiction, The Honorable Denny Chin
• Client-Related Issues, Geoffrey Sant and Lanier Saperstein
• Intellectual Property Litigation, Professor Mark Cohen
Deals: Mergers, Acquisitions, and Capital Markets
• Moderator: Professor Sean Griffith
• The Chinese Firm Perspective, Alex Hao
• The U.S. Firm Perspective, Selig Sacks
• The Investment Banker Perspective, Euan Rellie
Check-in starts at 5:30 p.m. Reception will be held at Fordham Law Platt Atrium at 8:00-9:00 p.m.
Admission is free for CBLA Members and Friends with prior registration. Due to limited seating, please RSVP to email@example.com at your earliest convenience.