Maybe claiming undue hardship isn’t as impossible as it seems, if you truly have no hope…
A New Jersey attorney has been accused of trying to extort her married ex-lover — another attorney. What a hot mess…
The Michigan bar exam continues to be really rough…
* Obama might have found out about the IRS scandal “when it came out in the news,” but the Office of White House Counsel knew what was going on weeks ago. Hooray, a new reason for people to lose their sh*t. [Wall Street Journal (sub. req.)]
* Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness through ridiculously expensive litigation: making up almost two percent of our GDP, our legal system is the most costly on earth, which isn’t exactly something we should be bragging about. [Corporate Counsel]
* “It’s no surprise these lawyers would want to get off this sinking ship.” It looks like things are going just swimmingly for Steven Donziger now that John Keker’s out as his defense attorney in the Chevron fraud case. [Thomson Reuters News & Insight]
* “Fantasy sports is usually the first and last thing I’ll do each day.” Here’s some proof that there’s such a thing as work/life balance in Biglaw… which is only applicable if you’re a partner. [Am Law Daily]
* Law school enrollment is down, and so is tuition revenue, so the legal academy is now selling new degrees. It’s only a matter of time before they market employment timeshares. [National Law Journal]
* On the bright side, if you’re still looking for a job, our own David Lat has some advice on how to get one (and how NOT to get one). We miss summer associates’ misbehavior. [U.S. News & World Report]
* Congrats are in order for this weekend’s graduates, including the first graduates of LMU’s embattled law school — they won’t let a lack of ABA accreditation rain on their parade. [Knoxville News Sentinel]
Our sources attempt to out the author of “Confessions of a Sociopath” who claimed to be a law professor…
More on the underlying tiff between a student and Wake Forest Law.
The Socratic method has more problems than just being annoying.
Harvard Law School has a really interesting pilot program — which will be ruined once other schools start copying it…
Have you ever thought your law professor was a sociopath? What if you were right?
Remember, truth is a defense.
It’s an exam screw-up, but this time the professor handles it admirably…
Saturday, 9/15 in Miami, FL
Saturday, 9/29 in Houston, TX
Friday, 10/12 and Saturday 10/13 in New York, NY
Friday, 10/26 in Toronto, ON, Canada
Saturday, 11/10 in Los Angeles, CA
Saturday, 11/17 in Boston, MA