Which former Dewey & LeBoeuf partner referred to various former partners as “pathetic,” “little prick,” and “f**kwad”?
The litigation discovery process has never been as costly, complex and critical as it is today. With the experience of having reviewed nearly 100 million documents since 2014, Thomson Reuters and its Legal Managed Services team have identified the seven pitfalls most frequently experienced with current ediscovery solutions and what legal professionals should look out for when considering their ediscovery needs.
Dewey have plans to file for bankruptcy? Apparently so, sources say.
* This is the job that I want. Just running around New York City, and telling people they suck. [Dealbreaker]
* New Orleans Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma has filed a lawsuit against NFL Commissioner Roger Goodall. I’ve got $100 for anyone who takes Vilma’s lawsuit out with a summary judgment. [New Orleans Times-Picayune]
* The story of Dewey & LeBoeuf, as told through numbers. Legacy Dewey Ballantine folks aren’t going to love this. [Adam Smith Esq.]
* Isn’t this the best way to explain what it’s like to be white? [Kotaku]
* What will the legal profession look like when your kids are going to law school? [Hellerman Baretz]
* Speaking of having children, I wonder if I will become more “prude” when I’m a parent, or at least more critical of graphic displays of sexuality. [Popehat]
* You shouldn’t let your client bring notes to a deposition. Otherwise you will have a huge a-hole. [What About Clients?]
* The Da Silva Moore case already reads like a reality TV show. Is something more pernicious going on beneath the surface? [Ride the Lightning]
Ms. JD’s Eighth Annual Conference on Women in Law, themed Superwomen JDs, will be held on Friday, February 19, 2016 at NYU School of Law. Ms. JD’s Annual Conference is a premiere event for women law students and young lawyers. An overview of the conference agenda and registration information is available here. Please join us!
Was the offering memo for Dewey & LeBoeuf’s 2010 private placement materially misleading? And what does the document reveal about the firm’s finances?
Bankruptcy, Bar Exams, BARBRI, Biglaw, Dewey & LeBoeuf, Dewey Ballantine, Dissolution, ERISA, JPMorgan Chase, Lateral Moves, Layoffs, LeBoeuf Lamb, Money, Musical Chairs, Partner Issues, Schiff Hardin, Silicon Valley, Staff Layoffs
What is the latest Dewey & LeBoeuf news? Some employees may lose their jobs as of this Friday — plus news about incoming associates, retired partners, and defecting partners.
What does the downfall of a Biglaw firm look like? Here are several visual representations of the turmoil at Dewey & LeBoeuf.
Bankruptcy, Biglaw, Crime, Dewey & LeBoeuf, Dewey Ballantine, Dissolution, Kimba Wood, Law Firm Mergers, Law Firm Names, LeBoeuf Lamb, Money, Musical Chairs, Partner Issues, Partner Profits, White-Collar Crime
How much blame do former chairman Steven Davis and executive director Steve DiCarmine deserve for the Dewey & LeBoeuf debacle?
Who is to blame for the troubles currently afflicting Dewey & LeBoeuf? There’s a whole lot of finger-pointing going on between legacy Dewey and legacy LeBoeuf lawyers.
Do some of Dewey’s recent financial issues stem from excessive amounts owed to certain partners? And how is the firm handling the situation?
* Crazy pro se lawsuit against Google, seeking $5 billion in damages, touches upon the war on terror and a Burton snowboard. And no, it wasn’t filed by Jonathan Lee Riches. [TechDirt] * A misdemeanor count of cruelty to animals? Guess he wasn’t that good. [Denver Channel] * Law professors get their academic gowns in […]