John Quinn, Harvard, JD
* OMG, you guys! Michael Jackson just died. At least according to concert promoter AEG Live, whose lawyer FINALLY conceded to the claim that Jackson had passed. [CNN]
* The new NRA President is a tool lawyer! [Washington Times]
* Jim Beck reviews the works of our own Mark Herrmann: Inside Straight(affiliate link) and Drug and Device Product Liability Litigation Strategy [Drug and Device Law]
* Quinn Emanuel announces its spoils following up on the departure of Michael Lyle and Eric Lyttle from Weil. [Quinn Emanuel]
* Studies suggest that the more elite the school, the more likely its female graduates drop out of the work force after getting married and having kids. Women who run in elite circles and are therefore more likely to marry into financial secure partnerships are also less likely to keep grinding away at a job in order to put their kids through school? No kidding. [The Careerist]
* Administrative Law Judges file suit over perceived quotas that they claim trigger the depletion of Social Security. Cost-cutting legislators think the ALJs should be depleting the fund more. Blerg. [Washington Post]
* Check out the T-shirt sold at Santa Clara University. The proximity to the Santa Clara Law shirts is… fitting?
Which firms had the biggest revenue and the highest profits per partner last year, according to the latest Am Law 100 rankings?
So where is the legendary litigatrix taking her gigantic book of business?
A very different take on how Weil Gotshal reacted to losing two partners to Quinn Emanuel in D.C.
Check out Weil’s highly unusual reaction to two partner defections….
How much did this Quinn Emanuel associate pay for his new home?
The ATL law firm bracket marches into the Final Four.
Who will make the Final Four in the law firm brackets?
Which law firm has the brightest future? After one round of voting, here are the remaining contenders.
Which legal eagles soared into the National Law Journal’s list of the Top 100 this year?
|Culture & Colleagues||A|
Litigation: General Commercial, White-Collar Crime & Governmental Investigations