Mary Jo White
* Pet therapy? This is what you’re doing with your time? This is why Cardozo can’t have nice things. [Cardozo Law]
* Nobody likes name-calling, but opting for the death penalty just because you don’t want to be called “retarded”? That’s, um, what’s the word I’m looking for? [Cincinnati Enquirer]
* Remember when Mary Jo White was going to bring teeth to the SEC? Well, that’s all over. [New Republic]
* Live tweeting a prostitution sting. Yeah there’s no way this could go wrong. [Slate]
* Law student says cops beat him so hard he lost a testicle. Um. That’s horrible. [KOB]
* Do you fancy yourself a funny lawyer? Then enter New York’s Funniest Professional competition. Lawyers square off later this month. [Gotham Comedy Club / Manhattan Comedy School]
* Judge sentences rapist to 45-days and community service… working in a rape crisis center. How could anyone be this tone-deaf? Oh, it’s in Texas? Never mind. [CNN]
* California lawyers now must promise to be courteous. Play nice, kids. [LA Times]
* Finally, it’s time to wish a happy birthday to Winston & Strawn’s Jonathan Amoona, who was on the 2014 Forbes 30 Under 30 list. I guess he won’t be anymore. His 30th birthday invitation went out to the managing partner and a bunch of the top rainmakers, which isn’t toolish at all. The invite is available after the jump….
She’s a longtime Debevoise partner, and she’s married to a longtime Cravath partner. Let’s take a look at their financial disclosures.
We want to invite you out for a night of drinking and yelling that we’re hosting alongside our bros at Dealbreaker. Join us on Feb 18th in NYC for an open bar and a short panel discussion featuring special guests! Think of it as a boozy safe space to defend your role in the destruction of America.
Debevoise & Plimpton has long been among New York’s most prestigious law firms. It’s also widely viewed as an excellent place to work. In the past, Debevoise’s prestige has arguably outpaced its profits. It’s often ranked more highly on the Vault 100 than on the Am Law 100 (when ranked by profits per partner). In […]