We start with the worst so we can appreciate the best.
Shouldn’t water always be free if we care about student intoxication?
How do law students in the Boston area rate their schools in terms of academics, career counseling, social life, and other important areas?
From lawyer to balloon twister — yes, like the kind of you see at children’s birthday parties. But how many have twisted balloons at the White House for two presidents?
* In response to our contest for the best law firm offices, Vivia Chen proposes a contest for the shabbiest law firm offices — and gets the ball rolling with one nominee. (Hint: CHECK YOU hallways.) [The Careerist]
* Professor Eugene Volokh shares his views on the juicy leaked law review emails we covered earlier. [Volokh Conspiracy]
* And Professor Josh Blackman has some ideas about the identity of the conservative professor discussed in the controversial emails. [Josh Blackman's Blog]
* Villanova hired ESPN’s Andrew Brandt to be the director of the school’s Center for Sports Law. Students would probably be more excited if this meant ESPN was interested in hiring them. [SB Nation Philly]
* Sumner Redstone of Viacom just donated $18 million to Boston University Law. Quick, Boston College, hurry up and find an old rich guy to make a multi-million dollar donation to your school! [Hollywood Reporter]
* Reality TV hottie Reichen Lehmkuhl, perhaps better known for being Lance Bass’s ex-boyfriend, reports that he’s going to law school. He should be required to attend class without his shirt on. [Instinct Magazine]
Even SCOTUS justices cut the rug once in a while…
Being a judge is not like being a contestant on “American Idol.” You are not looking for votes. – Former Judge Christina Harms, commenting on the need for judicial independence in the court system. Harms recently came under fire after ordering that a schizophrenic woman have an abortion and be sterilized. Controversy arose when the…
During the fallout of the Pats losing the Super Bowl, a girl and a boy met by chance while attempting to catch a cab. The young couple shared the ride home, but perhaps they could have shared much more if only phone numbers had been exchanged. We’ve wondered in the past if Above the Law readers could crowdsource a lawsuit, but could it work for a budding romance? Let’s find out….
After the closest vote in (the three-year) history (of the Law Revue contest), we are finally able to crown the best law revue video in 2011. May all of the pride and good feeling in all the land be sent henceforth to Boston University School of Law, for their winning video submission: I Like The…
And now things get interesting. As we continue to run through the U.S. News 2012 law school rankings, we get to a crucial set of schools. The schools in this batch are certainly top tier, but they’re not “top 14″; for the most part, though, they charge like top 14 schools (especially the private ones).…
|Financial Aid Advising||A||A-|
|Total Investment ?||$225,915|