An aquatic look at which law firms’ alumni have the top spots at the largest U.S. law firms.
Which law schools are the toughest to get into, and which ones have the most competitive students? Check out the most recent Princeton Review rankings and see for yourself!
* Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg may be the oldest member of the high court, but she’s still one bad ass bitch. She broke two ribs in June, and still fulfilled all of her duties on the bench. We <3 RBG! [Reuters]
* While merchants will now be able to charge more when customers use credit cards, they might not get much else from this Visa / MasterCard settlement because of an American Express catch-22. [New York Times]
* The Garden State just got a little greener (in a sticky icky way): starting today, doctors in New Jersey will be able to register their patients for the Department of Health’s medical marijuana program. [Star-Ledger]
* After some highly questionable opposition from government officials, the city of Macon, Georgia, has approved the placement of a park bench in memory of slain Mercer Law grad Lauren Giddings. [Telegraph]
* Kansas Law received a $1M donation to support scholarships. The dean is thrilled, because the school will be able to compete to attract and retain students who will someday be unemployed. [Lawrence Journal-World]
* The verdict is in on who reigns as the highest paid TV personality. Even if you pee on her leg and tell her it’s raining, Judge Judy will be able to afford the dry-cleaning bill, because she’s loaded. [New York Daily News]
* Even if you’re a ho fo’ sho, that doesn’t mean you can’t do business in a ho-tel, mo-tel, or Holiday Inn. An Australian court ruled that denying prostitutes rooms was discriminatory. [International Business Times]
Remember the creepy message board posting attributed by prosecutors to Stephen McDaniel, the recent Mercer Law School graduate accused of murder? It seems he didn’t write it (you heard it here first)….
A college friend of Stephen McDaniel, the Mercer Law School graduate accused of killing a former classmate and neighbor, speaks up in defense of McDaniel.
What is it like to live with someone who later ends up being accused of murder? A former roommate of Stephen McDaniel describes the experience.
Who should be April’s Lawyer of the Month? Vote in our reader poll!
A lawyer in Georgia may be more interested in getting serviced pro boner than offering pro bono services. Let’s meet our Lawyer of the Day, a man who stands accused of trading contraband for peep shows from prisoners…
Bail has been set for Stephen McDaniel in the Lauren Giddings murder case. How high is his bond?
Did alleged killer Stephen McDaniel really write the lurid internet post prosecutors say he did? Some people aren’t so sure…
|Practical/Clinical Training||Insufficient Data||A+|
|Career Counseling||Insufficient Data||B-|
|Financial Aid Advising||Insufficient Data||A+|
|Social Life||Insufficient Data||B|
|Total Investment ?||$205,713|