An aquatic look at which law firms’ alumni have the top spots at the largest U.S. law firms.
Is this retired law professor a sadist? Actually, no….
Do you have something to say about your law school’s U.S. News ranking? This is the place to do it!
How do law students in the Boston area rate their schools in terms of academics, career counseling, social life, and other important areas?
Wherein we give some credit to overlooked law firms and law schools based on positive responses to the ATL Insider Survey.
* “Why drag us into it?” Constitutional or not, it seems that not even the D.C. Circuit wants to deal with the political hot mess that’s been caused by President Barack Obama’s recess appointments. [National Law Journal]
* There’s something (allegedly) rotten in the state of Texas: Bickel & Brewer was booted from a multi-million dollar lawsuit due to accusations that the firm paid top dollar for insider information. [Dallas Morning News (sub. req.)]
* There are many more women in the legal profession these days than there were 40 years ago, but — surprise, surprise, here’s a shocker — they’re still getting paid less than their male counterparts. [WSJ Law Blog (sub. req.)]
* And here’s today’s opportunity to beat the horse that just won’t die. This law professor says he pities those who buy into the media’s law school scam narrative, while in reality, most would pity the many unemployed graduates of his law school. [Huffington Post]
* Here’s a protip for the February bar: don’t fake a disability to get extra time. Even if you end up passing, the bar examiners will find out and pretty much ruin your life. Just ask this UC Hastings Law grad. [Am Law Daily]
* “Also, you probably shouldn’t bring pot with you to the federal courthouse (or any other federal property).” Umm, come on, were the Washington police officers who created this marijuana guidebook high? [CNN]
Check out the new ATL Law School Research Directory!
A law school dean unexpectedly jumps ship, in the middle of the summer…
A recent grad qualifies for food stamps, and the other costs of going to law school…
Bleeding, barfing, and breaching contracts is no way to go through life…
|Financial Aid Advising||B+||B+|
|Total Investment ?||$254,388|