Is your law school one of the best in the world? Now you can find out!
Legal Eagle Wedding Watch returns after a winter hiatus. Let’s check out three noteworthy couples from the colder months.
Hint: it’s not Harvard or Stanford or Yale….
Which elite law schools have failed to provide employment transparency data that’s required by the ABA?
Where can you learn the law and party like a rock star at the same time? Let’s find out!
How do 1Ls and 3Ls view law school? Quite differently, as it turns out.
* A Charleston School of Law student leader was arrested for stalking. I’m not sure how else Charleston Law students are supposed to get jobs. [Fitsnews]
* I think this is a very poor reading of the history of the Second Amendment that is making the rounds. Sure, having weapons really helped slaveholders, but that’s not “the reason” the Second Amendment was ratified. The founders had better reasons… reasons that have nothing at all to do with the time we live in, but that’s a different story. [Truthout]
* By the way, you saw that Obama nominated a black lawyer for something, right? Since the Republicans in Congress are so concerned about Obama’s record on diverse appointments, I’m sure Todd Jones will be confirmed super quickly. [Daily Beast]
* Should pet owners be allowed to recover for “sentimental value”? A Texas case might answer that question. I’m looking forward to the companion case in Arkansas where pet owners try to recover from loss of consortium. [Adjunct Law Prof Blog]
* I’d be shocked if this Manti Te’o thing doesn’t end up with somebody suing someone for something. [New York Daily News]
* There’s going to be a law and robots conference at Stanford in April. Because we all know how much robots love law. [The Volokh Conspiracy]
The school-by-school breakdown of the California bar exam results is out. Let’s take a look!
Are law firms using the wrong criteria when it comes to hiring associates?
|Financial Aid Advising||A+||A|
|Total Investment ?||$280,966|