A new ranking of the scholarly impact of legal academics.
An aquatic look at which law firms’ alumni have the top spots at the largest U.S. law firms.
* Yesterday, Attorney General Eric Holder took a much needed break from attempting to prosecute NSA data-leaker Edward Snowden to “strongly condemn” Stand Your Ground laws in a speech given to the NAACP. [Washington Post]
* So much for “caus[ing] it all.” Disgraced Illinois politician Rod Blagojevich is appealing his conviction and 14-year prison sentence to the Seventh Circuit, and he was thisclose to missing the midnight filing deadline. [NBC News]
* Yes, Virginia, there’s a law school crisis at hand, but only second- and third-tier schools seem to have been affected. Please don’t worry your pretty little head about the HYS strand; they’re doing just fine. [Businessweek]
* But speaking of highly ranked law schools, are there any reputable institutions of legal education that fall outside of the T14, but are just as good? Apparently there are, are here are the top five. [Policymic]
* Is Marty Singer, lawyer to the stars, guilty of extortion for allegedly threatening to expose a TV host’s sexual liaisons via lawsuit? According to this judge, he isn’t. [Hollywood, Esq. / Hollywood Reporter]
* Amid all of the rage over the verdict in the George Zimmerman trial, people seem to have forgotten that Jodi Arias is back in court this week. I, for one, hope the femme fatale grew out her bangs. [ABC News]
My this was a busy week. Here’s a list of the big-ticket stories that struck my fancy this week.
Another look at the ATL Top 50 Law Schools, broken out by individual data points. Is your law school on any of these top five lists?
Is your law school one of the best in the world? Now you can find out!
Legal Eagle Wedding Watch returns after a winter hiatus. Let’s check out three noteworthy couples from the colder months.
Hint: it’s not Harvard or Stanford or Yale….
Which elite law schools have failed to provide employment transparency data that’s required by the ABA?
Where can you learn the law and party like a rock star at the same time? Let’s find out!
|Financial Aid Advising||A+||A|
|Total Investment ?||$280,966|