Welcome messages for the class of 2016 reveal the character of their schools.
* “The situation is an absolute mess.” Last summer’s SCOTUS decision on mandatory life-without-parole sentences for juvenile offenders has created a “legal limbo” for inmates. We hope they find suitable dance partners. [Wall Street Journal (sub. req.)]
* Even after you retire, you apparently still have to deal with the Cebullsh*t from your life on the bench. Former Chief District Judge Richard Cebull’s misconduct review is likely heading to Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts. [Great Falls Tribune]
* Woe unto them that call unpaid work fair: the Second Circuit quickly granted Fox Searchlight an appeal in the Black Swan unpaid intern case in the hope of offering some “much-needed guidance.” [Deadline]
* Which private law schools offer students the best value? Some unlikely contenders are named on this list, and some T14 schools even make appearances. We’ll have more on this later today. [National Jurist]
* GW wasn’t the only school that grew the size of its entering class (although it was the largest increase). William & Mary and Missouri saw big gains, too. Yay, more lawyers! [National Law Journal (sub. req.)]
* If you’re considering applying to law school, think about schools that have lowered their standards and are offering scholarship money like candy. Otherwise, here are some helpful hints. [Huffington Post]
* Henry Putzel Jr., former reporter of decisions at the Supreme Court, RIP. [Washington Post]
Law camp: the ultimate in short-term thinking by law schools and silliness by mid-career professionals…
Help advise two prospective law students: one who’s choosing between GW and William and Mary, and one who wonders whether she should go to law school at all.
If you’d like to work in government or public interest, you’d better be going to law school in D.C. or Virginia.
A shooting scare at a law school turns out to be nothing more than a classroom exercise
Which law schools are the toughest to get into, and which ones have the most competitive students? Check out the most recent Princeton Review rankings and see for yourself!
Student reports gun on campus, but it wasn’t a gun, it wasn’t even a toy gun…
If you can go to law school without incurring too much debt, it might be a good idea.
Virginia is for Lovers, not Partiers. Law students in the Old Dominion State are not as much fun as we thought they were. We recently wrote about a law school party — called the “Fall From Grace,” aptly enough — that supposedly spiraled out of control. But now we’re hearing that this incident has been overblown, and that the law school has not been banned from the high-end Holiday Inn at Fort Magruder….
|Financial Aid Advising||A||A-|
|Tuition||$27,800 / $37,800|
|Total Investment ?||$156,625 / $190,851|