Investigators said they considered the fire as incendiary after ruling out all other accidental causes, such as an electrical short, that could have ignited the June 28 blaze that resulted in about $900,000 in damages to Medina’s Spring-area home….
Members of Medina’s family have been questioned during the investigation. His wife and one of his children were the only people in the home that night, arson officers said.
“They have been cooperative throughout the interview process,” said Dan Given, chief investigator with the fire marshal’s office.
At this point, there are no charges pending in the case, officials said.
“This is an active and ongoing investigation,” said Harris County Fire Marshal Mike Montgomery.
Nathan Green, a fire marshal investigator on the case, had earlier said six “persons of interest,” all of whom are Medina family members or friends, have been identified in the investigation. He had said there were inconsistencies in Medina’s and his wife’s accounts of where he was the night of the fire. She was at home.
Contacted by telephone on Tuesday, Medina said he would not comment about his whereabouts that night.
More after the jump.