* Let’s hit some lingering holiday stories that came in after we went off the air on Tuesday. Think of it as your Christmas hangover. First up, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, reimagined as a lesson on pregnancy discrimination. [Bolek Besser Glesius]
* On a related note, here’s a nice chart comparing the original poem with the legalese version created by Dezert-Rose. [TaxProf Blog]
* Well, that’s one thing you can do with law reporters in the age of Westlaw and Lexis. [Legal Cheek]
* Isn’t it really nice of prosecutors when they actually try to fulfill their constitutional obligations? [Katz Justice]
* A life lesson for these thieves: there’s no such thing as a Christmas tree that doesn’t shed. [Legal Juice]
* The lawyers supposedly told NFL players they would not be taking any of the concussion settlement money. There’s a lesson to be had here about how you shouldn’t trust lawyers. [Overlawyered]
* Professor Nancy Leong went on Ashley Madison with a “white” profile and an “Asian” profile. The Asian profile got more hits. Is this interesting? Sure. Is this the sort of academic work worth charging law students $180K to support? Not so much. [Lawyers, Guns & Money]
Can you sue inanimate objects utilized in an affair — like the online infidelity service, Ashley Madison?
After a decade of 60+ trips to Hong Kong from his former Miami home, our Evan Jowers has finally taken the plunge and moved to Hong Kong on a permanent basis. Since ’06, Evan has been head of Kinney’s Asia recruiting and over that time Kinney has easily placed more US associates, counsels and partners at top tier US and UK firms than any other recruiting firm (we have also made many in-house placements). (…)
Of course Ashley Madison is lying to you, you sad, gullible man.
* Tipsters, I’ve seen the Milbank / Harvard Law news. I just don’t have a strong opinion about it. Good, bad, indifferent? You tell me. [Harvard Law School; National Law Journal via Truth on the Market] * Is Ashley Madison (the dating site for adulterers) a scam? [Forbes] * Ah, the real reason Hosni Mubarak […]