I evacuated the courtroom today due to a man with live bedbugs for everybody’s well-being.
- Biglaw, Cadwalader, Cravath, Davis Polk, Fast Food, Food, Kenyon & Kenyon, Lawyerly Lairs, Nauseating Things, Rankings, White & Case
And, unfortunately, some of these critters have crept into company canteens. Thanks to New York City’s controversial system of rating restaurants, in which establishments receive letter grades based on their health and sanitation violations (or lack thereof), we know which law firm cafeterias are worth patronizing (and which ones are best avoided).
Let’s take a look at which Biglaw behemoths have the best — and the buggiest — dining rooms….
- Abortion, Biglaw, Cravath, Family Law, Gay, Kelley Drye & Warren, Morning Docket, Old People, Partner Issues, Suicide, Vermin / Rodents / Pests, Women's Issues
* Lawyers at this Biglaw firm may learn a thing or two about respecting their elders later this week. Kelley Drye is close to settling an age discrimination suit filed by Eugene D’Ablemont, one of its many de-equitized partners. [Wall Street Journal]
* Well, this could definitely be one of the reasons why Cravath hasn’t given out any spring bonuses to associates yet this year. They probably had to spend all of their money to clean up their allegedly fly-infested cafeteria. [Am Law Daily]
* Women in Virginia will now be able to politely decline their pre-abortion transvaginal ultrasounds in favor of abdominal ones. Oh, how nice! Look at that, girls, we totally won the war on women. [CBS News]
* Things Dharun Ravi texted to Tyler Clementi on the night the latter committed suicide? “I’ve known you were gay and I have no problem with it.” Of course you knew, you watched his sexual encounters via webcam. [CNN]
- Airplanes / Aviation, Food, Football, Law School Deans, Law Schools, Morning Docket, Murder, Nauseating Things, Paralegals, Prisons
* The hunt for the remains of Mercer Law grad Lauren Giddings is playing out like an episode of Scooby Doo. Will the gang be able to investigate at Old Man
Jenkins’s Browning’s farm? [Macon Telegraph]