* Dewey know what Justice Robert Stolz will do now that the jury has declared itself deadlocked on most charges? Tune in later today. [American Lawyer]
* Thanks to sentencing reform, the Justice Department will release about 6,000 inmates from prison starting later this month. [New York Times]
* Speaking of the DOJ, BP will settle Deepwater Horizon oil spill claims with the feds for a whopping $20 billion. [ABA Journal]
* 50 Cent’s malpractice suit against his ex-lawyers seeks 7.5 billion cents. [Law360]
* When legal recruiters sue each other, things can get ugly — fast. [American Lawyer]
What’s going down at Dewey? Some claim the firm is experiencing financial difficulties, and there have been some partner departures and reports of associate layoffs. But Dewey claims that it’s really just business as usual over there. Let’s tackle the question: Where’s Le Boeuf?