As we previously reported, a sizable portion of the art collection of defunct law firm Heller Ehrman was sold at auction yesterday. The auction took place at Bonhams in San Francisco, before a standing-room-only crowd.
We submitted absentee bids on the following:
- lot 1, Pale Orange Begonia (we bid $500; it sold for $1,159);
- lot 2, Glass of Water (we bid $500; it sold for $671);
- lot 99, Lover of Time (we bid $800; it sold for $1,830);
- lot 210, Bonsai and Bicycle (we bid $1,000; it sold for $4,575); and
- lot 290, Return of the Rice Cooker (we bid $2,000; it sold for $5,185).
All of the items we bid on went for well above their high estimates — bad news for us, but good news for Heller creditors. How much dinero did the auction generate in total?