* England has approved of the use of Facebook for service of legal documents. If the files went to “Other” messages, the defendant can probably claim ineffective service of process. [Associated Press]
- Allen & Overy, Biglaw, Breasts, Cleary Gottlieb, Facebook, Morning Docket, Police, Stephen Breyer, Technology, United Kingdom / Great Britain, White & Case
* The Bearcat would be a patrol car that had the stuff that you want, and the thing that you need. It would have more than enough to make the 4th Amendment drop to its knees. It’d be the Queen of the night, oh yeah. [Simple Justice]
* For some reason, the Columbia Law School twitter feed retweeted this article about the five leadership mistakes of the Emperor in Star Wars. I don’t know why? Are they saying that Dean David Schizer is like Emperor Palpatine? I don’t get it, I have nothing. [Forbes]
* R.I.P. Whitney Houston, lady with a voice that could put soul into a country song…
Welcome to Lawyers & Economics, a new video series on financial topics by Professor William Birdthistle of Chicago-Kent College of Law. Professor Birdthistle, who teaches corporate law, has been preparing well-received videos for his students on a variety of subjects related to economics and finance. We’ve previously linked to some of his work, which received positive reader feedback, so we thought we’d give you a bit more.
After the jump, here’s a short primer on the Greek debt crisis, which remains ongoing. Watch it, so you can sound enlightened the next time this topic comes up at a cocktail party.
It features not just Professor Birdthistle but also a television actor you might recognize, who left Hollywood to become a law student….