* How much of a dick is this guy? At his federal criminal trial his sole character witness admitted, “we’re not friends.” [NY Post]
* Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to practice in Florida without taking the bar exam. [South Florida Lawyers]
* The Eighth Circuit just terminated the country’s most restrictive abortion ban. [Jezebel]
* Dewey witness breaks down on the stand. Let’s just be excited that I managed to get that blurb written without being cajoled into making a “Dewey know…” joke. [Law360]
* Negotiating salary and benefits for you folks not on lock-step. [Corporette]
* Do you want a free copy of an LSAT Logic Games guide? Then act now… offer expires Friday. [Blueprint For LSAT]
* A reminder that there are some crazies out there and sometimes you need to put in writing that you’re not going to represent them. [What About Clients?]
Practice pointer: when engaged in the practice of law, don’t be racist — actually, don’t be racist at all, but you’ve got to expect some repercussions when there is a record of your racism involved.
Litigation finance is a funding tool many companies are considering to help cover the fees and expenses related to major legal claims. We at Lake Whillans Litigation Finance have compiled a list of questions to help you determine if your client is a candidate for litigation finance.
It’s always tempting to call people like the guy in this story the stupidest (alleged) criminal ever. But, somehow, the bar for getting arrested via internet idiocy keeps getting set lower and lower. Until yesterday, we’d never heard of a wanted man posting on his local sheriff’s Facebook wall, commenting on a story about the fact that police were looking for him. Wait, did we say commenting? This dude started a whole thread. You can’t make this stuff up….
Heather Burgbacher has filed a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, claiming that she was fired from her job as a teacher because she had to leave the classroom to pump breast milk. Read on to get the details….