Allegiance is surely an enjoyable read for history buffs and those interested in the events leading up to the Korematsu and Endo decisions.
* I get that litigation is expensive, but I promise, Tom Brady doesn’t need donations for his Deflategate legal bills. Especially not when they’re solicited in an obituary. [Deadspin]
* Protip: Don’t ask a female attorney if she is going through menopause, unless you like sanctions. [Lawyers for the Profession]
* Great time waster: what’s the weirdest law in your home state? [Yahoo!]
* An all too realistic look at what it is like to be a lawyer — substance abuse, terrible workload, self-loathing and all. [Vice]
* A case study of estate planning as played out in the life of fashion icon Helen Gurley Brown. [New York Times]
* Heads up to Missouri lawmakers — you don’t end sexual harassment by telling interns to dress “modest.” [Think Progress]
Whatcha doin’ for New Year’s? Unless your plans include the words “Diddy” and “yacht,” they’re not as fabulous as this fête: Some explanation is in order. This party is being brought to you by one of America’s brightest legal minds: celebrity law professor Tim Wu, of Columbia Law School. (We don’t know who this “Sue” […]