* That new Justice Scalia play we’ve been talking about is a delightful piece of fiction. And by “fiction,” we mean it portrays Scalia as nuanced and complex as opposed to the right-wing rubber stamp he’s become. [Slate]
* A glossy firm website doesn’t quite match the reality of Google Street View. [Roll On Friday]
* Texas wants to make it illegal for you to tape a cop beating. That’s ridiculous enough, but that’s not the end of the sentence. Texas wants to make it illegal for you to tape a cop beating… you. [Lowering The Bar]
* Court rules that neighbor’s Wifi harmed the plaintiff. I suppose he could have mitigated any damage if he’d worn his tinfoil hat more often. [New Mexico Courts]
* A fascinating, still updating Twitter feed recounting 5 months in lockup. It’s part of a promotion for a new ebook Life Locked (affiliate link). It’s like Orange Is The New Black with a lot fewer lesbians. [Life Locked]
* Speaking of prisons, would feeding prisoners to lions really be much worse than the hellholes we currently keep them in? [Redline]
* The new Miss D.C. U.S.A. is an Oklahoma City University School of Law grad. It’s a J.D. Advantage position. [Washington Post]
* Conservatives have some issues with Loretta Lynch, but are they blowing one complaint wildly out of proportion? [WiseLawNY]
It’s a legal conflagration that makes you want to cast a pox on both houses and curl up in the fetal position and pray for humanity.
ATL Academy For Private Practice Volume 1 – Getting Started offers a mix of deeply informed, sometimes contrarian, but always thoughtful insight into meeting the challenges of starting and optimizing your own practice. Click here to download.
This lawyer has idyllic retirement dreams he wants you to fund. You probably don’t want to help out….
Last year, we wrote about Kyle Bristow, a student at the University of Toledo College of Law. Bristow had been the chairman of the Young Americans for Freedom student chapter at Michigan State University when he was in college. The MSU-YAF was designated a “hate group” by the Southern Poverty Law Center. Hey, we’re living […]
On Friday, we told you about Toledo College of Law 1L Kyle Bristow. While an undergraduate at Michigan State University, Bristow was the chairman of the school’s chapter of Young Americans For Freedom (YAF). The Southern Poverty Law Center labeled the Michigan State chapter of YAF a “hate group.” We reported that Bristow was no […]