Michael J. Gottlieb
Barack Obama, Biglaw, Celebrities, Department of Justice, Elena Kagan, Eric Holder, Fabulosity, Federal Government, Federal Judges, Joe Biden, Parties, Partner Issues, Politics, Samantha Power, SCOTUS, Senate Judiciary Committee, Supreme Court, Supreme Court Clerks, White House Counsel
Who were some of the famous lawyers at Tuesday night’s White House State Dinner?
Biglaw, Clerkships, D.C. Circuit, David Boies, Department of Justice, Fabulosity, Federal Government, Federal Judges, Hillary Clinton, Litigators, Litigatrix, Media and Journalism, Politics, SCOTUS, Stephen Breyer, Supreme Court, Supreme Court Clerks, U.S. Attorneys Offices, White House Counsel
Who is the latest legal eagle to feather her nest at the elite litigation firm?
For years, law firms have been told that their technology is the target of unscrupulous hackers. The FBI has gone so far as to describe law firms lack of security as “the soft underbelly of our economy.” Mandiant, a cybersecurity firm, says at least 80 of the 100 biggest firms in the country, by revenue, […]
* Musical chairs (White House hottie edition): Michael Gottlieb, former associate counsel to President Barack Obama, is joining the Washington, D.C. office of Boies Schiller. [Blog of Legal Times]
* The search is on for jurors to serve in the criminal trial for Bernie Madoff’s former employees, but in a case of guilt by association, it’s proving to be a difficult exercise. [WSJ Law Blog (sub. req.)]
* “Democracy is not on autopilot,” said Justice Kennedy at Penn Law. Just because we have a Constitution doesn’t mean it will prevail — which is being evidenced by our government now. [Philadelphia Inquirer]
* Because no one could be more “non-essential” than a law student during this mess, the government shutdown is taking a toll on their externship placements throughout the district. [National Law Journal]
* The Princeton Review’s annual law school rankings are out, and boy, have things changed — including the schools with the best career prospects. We’ll have more on this news later today. [Chicago Tribune]
* Cooley Law is teaming up with Eastern Michigan University to offer joint degrees. But we thought Cooley was teaming up with Western Michigan University. Is Cooley infiltrating all Michigan schools? [MLive.com]