* Autozone settles $185 million suit over firing a pregnant worker. [Jezebel]
* Once Donald Trump shuts up about illegal immigrants, maybe the adults in the room can start talking about the horrific conditions facing legal migrants, specifically those with H-2 visas. [BuzzFeed News]
* It sounds like this guy deserved more than a 30-month license suspension. [Legal Profession Blog]
* Things you can’t tell your employees: that they look “quite f**kable.” [Legal Cheek]
* A new report focuses on disabilities in the legal profession. [BWB Solutions]
* If you write off “trigger warnings” as an assault on academic freedom, you might be missing the point. [TaxProf Blog]
* Kaye Scholer’s Michael Solow discusses his experiences with the real-life Professor Kingsfield. [Big Law Business / Bloomberg BNA]
If you’re employed at a firm like this one and you worked your ass off in 2013, you must be jumping for joy right now. How high did the bonuses climb?
ATL Academy For Private Practice Volume 1 – Getting Started offers a mix of deeply informed, sometimes contrarian, but always thoughtful insight into meeting the challenges of starting and optimizing your own practice. Click here to download.
While performing here at the ATL Cabaret on Wednesday night, the celebrated drag queen of Biglaw, Kaye Scholer, was pelted with rotten fruit — by her own associates. If you haven’t done so already, do check out their rage-filled rants. (If nothing else, they’ll make you feel better about your own firm.) As we’ve stated […]
We previously compared the law firm of Kaye Scholer to a drag queen. Kaye Scholer, Kay Scholer — geddit? Well, some associates at Kaye Scholer claim they’ve seen underneath all the make-up — and it’s not pretty. This contestant would not go far in RuPaul’s Drag Race. In terms of responses to our recent discussion […]