I don’t know. I don’t look and stare down there.
– Joe Amendola, attorney for accused child predator Jerry Sandusky, suggesting in a press conference held earlier today that a reality check was in order for anyone who believes Mike McQueary witnessed a rape, reported it, and nothing was done about it.
(So what is 1-800-REALITY? It’s pretty amazing, actually. Find out after the jump.)
- Barack Obama, Celebrities, Election 2012, Non-Sequiturs, Politics, Rod Blagojevich, Sentencing Law, United Kingdom / Great Britain
* Jerry Sandusky was re-arrested. This dude needs to be put in the Hannibal Lecter cell. Can’t you hear this guy saying, “A pizza boy tried to deliver to my house once. I S’ed his D after luring him with jellybeans and a Good & Plenty.” [Deadspin]
* The RIAA is about as neutral as a spider regarding something it’s caught in its web. [Simple Justice]
* Should being a world-renowned liar get you barred from practicing on character and fitness grounds? [Reuters]
* When going to the dentist feels like going to the spa, you might be spending too much time in the law school library. [Life in the Law School Lane]
* Obama’s pivots on tax cuts show why he’s the Republican frontrunner for the 2012 nomination. [Going Concern]
It would be hilarious if the man wasn’t accused of raping little kids. It appears that Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State defensive coordinator who is accused of having sex with little boys, has hired an attorney. Unlike Joe Paterno, who lawyered up with the Biglaw firm of King & Spalding, Sandusky went with attorney Joe Amendola.
You’d think that out of all the attorneys in the world, Sandusky would pick one who had an untarnished record when it comes to sleeping with minors. But you’d be wrong.
Instead, Sandusky went the other way. He didn’t find a lawyer who just slept with a minor, he found one who reportedly impregnated one….
- Airplanes / Aviation, Food, Football, Law School Deans, Law Schools, Morning Docket, Murder, Nauseating Things, Paralegals, Prisons
* The hunt for the remains of Mercer Law grad Lauren Giddings is playing out like an episode of Scooby Doo. Will the gang be able to investigate at Old Man
Jenkins’s Browning’s farm? [Macon Telegraph]
Because while the former head coach of the Penn State football team has escaped criminal penalty in the Jerry Sandusky scandal, civil liability will be a whole different ballgame.
Penn State is going to be hit with so many civil suits over this mess that the only mirth in Happy Valley will belong to the lawyers. The only people who should be standing on Paterno’s lawn are attorneys on retainer. Things are going to get so ugly for the old football coach — and everybody on his staff, and pretty much every university official — than he can’t possibly fully appreciate it. I just hope he’s more prepared for his depositions than his press conferences.
Obviously, we don’t yet have all the facts. But just looking at the Grand Jury report should tell you that civil actions are coming….
- Defamation, Football, Harvard, Masturbation, Morning Docket, Pregnancy / Paternity, Sexual Harassment, Wall Street
* Sad and depressing old man news: Joe Paterno’s legal innocence was irrelevant. Instead of letting him retire at the end of the year, the Penn State Board of Trustees fired him last night. [New York Times]
* Justin Bieber plans to prove that he’s
still a virgin not the baby daddy of Mariah Yeater’s child. If he’s right, he’s going to sue and hope for one less lonely girl in his life. [New York Daily News]