Ground control to Major Tom… we have a subpoena here for you.
Commentators are chastising Justice Scalia for screwing with a lawyer before him, but Scalia was only trying to help.
“There are so many facets that go into creating a business from the ground up,” said Southard. “We needed someone to help us look at the big picture and prioritize what was most important.”
Crazy man breaks into people’s houses and claims adverse possession.
* First things first: remember to send us your legally themed Halloween costumes! [Above the Law]
* George Clooney may be dating the “hottest female barrister in London.” [Legal Cheek]
* This painting suggests there’s a senior partner who gets away with wearing sandals to work. [Lowering the Bar]
* This is a really useful practice tip: how to cite URLs in briefs without having them look all messed up. [The Volokh Conspiracy]
* O.J. Simpson’s house sold at a foreclosure auction for a mere $655,000. This must be a disappointing deal for him — I’m sure he expected to make a killing. [Daily Business Review]
* Blackacre blocks access to a public beach. But the owner of Blackacre uses the Mexican-American War as an excuse to ignore the easement. Apparently he wins. People are also entirely awful. [Valleywag]
* I also hate when McDonald’s screws up my order, but it’s not worth getting the police involved. [Legal Juice]
Nudists have legal conflicts, too.
When professors attack! An Oregon professor gets into it with some protesters and ends up arrested.
* Republican Senator Rob Portman announces his support for gay marriage after learning that his son is gay. Yay! Let’s all celebrate him for meeting the lowest threshold of human decency once he found a purely selfish reason to change. [ABC News]
* Wait, they can declare martial law in Brooklyn? I thought they could only do that in terrible movies. [Before It’s News]
* A Southern District of Florida clerk is named one of Southern Florida’s most eligible bachelors. Our bachelor “claims to be the other white meat” and to “have a lot in common with Christian Grey.” He doesn’t sound douchey at all. [Brickell Magazine (jump to page 91)]
* Comparing Chicago Law faculty to Game of Thrones characters produces surprisingly accurate results. [UChilawgo]
* With law schools raising tuition and the profession shrinking… more people need to rush to law school. Keep sipping that sweet, sweet Kool-Aid, buddy. [Daily Princetonian]
* GW Law’s Barrister’s Ball — $2500 fee for vomiting! [GW Law SBA]
* Watch Elie talk about Wayne LaPierre and guns. [HuffPost Live]
* University of Oregon Property professor doesn’t understand “property,” snatches student’s phone. Click through the jump to see more video of what happens when law professors and hippies clash! [Photography Is Not a Crime]
Adverse possession and you: a primer for people who aren’t 1Ls.
Time for the bar, it’s a rap…
Have you been admitted to practice for less than two years? Then you NEED a live lecture.This event will earn you 12 credits in NJ, NY and PA and most importantly after relax and enjoy cocktails with ATL editors at the beautiful and historic Newark Museum. To register for this event please follow the link, select the first event on the list and follow the registration instructions. If you have any questions please reach out to Marino Legal Academy at (800) 562-7466 ext. 5104 to speak with their CLE Specialist.