Roll on Friday
* “Now everybody’s gonna know that you died scratching my balls.” [Roll On Friday]
* “Get these motherf***ing iguanas off my… wait, iguanas? That’s not cool. Maybe we should go with ‘snakes’ or something. Unless you like hotz-pacho.” — conversation I wish happened. [Legal Blog Watch]
* The counterclaim from this allegedly pervy lawyer is priceless. [Not-So Private Parts / Forbes]
* Look, every time a company loses a bunch of money doesn’t mean a crime has been committed. [WSJ Law Blog]
* I actually think that liberals care about property rights just as much as conservatives. It’s just that liberals don’t automatically assume that any use of eminent domain is inherently nefarious. [The Volokh Conspiracy]
* Wait, sometimes my order from Amazon gets delayed because somebody stole it at the post office? [Legal Juice]
* Everybody, let’s say welcome to another publication that has figured out recent law graduates are drowning in debt. [Salon]
It has long been the case in Hong Kong that most UK law firms and a very small minority of US law firms have three month notice periods for their US associates built into their employment contracts. But until about 18 months ago it was not common for any firm to enforce a three month notice period when a US associate left solo[…]
What does it mean when a British lawyer has the letters “QC” after his name? What are the advantages to being designated a “Queen’s Counsel”? And what are the disadvantages of the QC system?
— A Parisian lawyer who knows the true meaning of work/life balance. Check out Roll on Friday to find out what firm this guy works for and to see his snazzy picture.