Roll on Friday
* “Now everybody’s gonna know that you died scratching my balls.” [Roll On Friday]
* “Get these motherf***ing iguanas off my… wait, iguanas? That’s not cool. Maybe we should go with ‘snakes’ or something. Unless you like hotz-pacho.” — conversation I wish happened. [Legal Blog Watch]
* The counterclaim from this allegedly pervy lawyer is priceless. [Not-So Private Parts / Forbes]
* Look, every time a company loses a bunch of money doesn’t mean a crime has been committed. [WSJ Law Blog]
* I actually think that liberals care about property rights just as much as conservatives. It’s just that liberals don’t automatically assume that any use of eminent domain is inherently nefarious. [The Volokh Conspiracy]
* Wait, sometimes my order from Amazon gets delayed because somebody stole it at the post office? [Legal Juice]
* Everybody, let’s say welcome to another publication that has figured out recent law graduates are drowning in debt. [Salon]
Litigation finance is a funding tool many companies are considering to help cover the fees and expenses related to major legal claims. We at Lake Whillans Litigation Finance have compiled a list of questions to help you determine if your client is a candidate for litigation finance.
What does it mean when a British lawyer has the letters “QC” after his name? What are the advantages to being designated a “Queen’s Counsel”? And what are the disadvantages of the QC system?
— A Parisian lawyer who knows the true meaning of work/life balance. Check out Roll on Friday to find out what firm this guy works for and to see his snazzy picture.