* Joe Patrice reposted this on his site and I’m linking to it because it’s a great look at the rhetorical weaknesses of the pro-gun argument. It’s old, so you can’t say that he’s being reactionary to the current tragedy. [Recess Appointment]
* Here’s a very good takedown of the self-serving law school rankings from Loyola Law School (LA) Professor Theodore Seto, who magically finds that Loyola Law is the 25th best law school for becoming a Biglaw partner. [Witnesseth]
* Is the procedural posture of same-sex marriage sexy? [Opinionator / New York Times]
* The jury system is dumb. [The Republican]
* Here’s some kind of ridiculous, anti-transparency argument for why posting rate-increase memos would be counterproductive. Lat gets a shout out for not acting like this. [Legal Rebels / ABA Journal]
Litigation finance is a funding tool many companies are considering to help cover the fees and expenses related to major legal claims. We at Lake Whillans Litigation Finance have compiled a list of questions to help you determine if your client is a candidate for litigation finance.