Allegations of an affair between a senior partner and a junior attorney, crazy conduct by the senior partner’s furious wife, and a mysteriously missing cat.
ATL Academy For Private Practice Volume 1 – Getting Started offers a mix of deeply informed, sometimes contrarian, but always thoughtful insight into meeting the challenges of starting and optimizing your own practice. Click here to download.
* The saddest thing about prisons getting rated on Yelp is owning the bar down the street with fewer stars. [Simple Justice]
* Sending “LOL totes glty” is a bad idea. [IT-Lex]
* The chief of the Brooklyn DA’s gang bureau probably should have spent more time with the civil rights bureau. [NY Post]
* People don’t really pay attention to the U.S. News Best Intellectual Property Program rankings — though it’d help if they did. [Science to Law]
* UNLV’s Nancy Rapoport thinks law schools are no better than Enron. That sounds about right. [TaxProf Blog]
* When it comes to the Boston bombings, Logan Beirne answers, “What would George Washington do?” [Reuters]
* Tenure has put a crimp in the ability of law schools to excel in the ranking system that considers publication. [Ramblings on Appeal]
* Kickstarter plug: A progressive Yale student took a year off to make a documentary about a conservative activist group, the Tennessee 9-12 Project, to show civility and respect. [Kickstarter]