Breaking up is hard to do. Filing a lawsuit over it is surprisingly easy for jilted lawyers.
* Happy Pi Day from Sasha Volokh! [Volokh Conspiracy]
* Tiffany’s sued Costco for trademark violations because Tiffany’s is afraid someone walked into Costco and thought, “$20 Tiffany’s engagement ring? AWESOME!” [Law of Fashion]
* Pro se litigants have finally killed Virginia’s sodomy statute. [The CockleBur]
* UChilawgo provides a visual representation of what happens when you criticize Brian Leiter on the Internet. [UChilawgo]
* Kelly Mathis, a Jacksonville attorney, got arrested for allegedly running a $300 million illegal gambling operation. And yet Nova Southeastern is able to make bank gambling that their students will find jobs with their degree. [Tampa Bay Times]
* If you’re looking for someone else to foot the tab for law school, the folks at Best Criminal Justice have a helpful list. [Best Criminal Justice]
* Law and the Multiverse knows the way to my heart: an analysis of the Futurama “Future Stock,” featuring my all-time favorite Futurama character, “80s Guy.” Click through to see “80s Guy” doing the The Safety Dance on a loop. [Law and the Multiverse]
Kinney’s head of Asia recruiting, Evan Jowers, is in Hong Kong today through March 4 and has some slots still available for meetings on this trip. Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to set up a meeting with Evan. His next trip to Hong Kong will be in late March.
Tiffany sues Costco to protect its brand on behalf of people dumb enough to believe anything.