Tower Legal Staffing
After suing Biglaw for overtime and losing, a contract attorney is now living out of his car.
* Voters in Scotland just said no to independence from the United Kingdom (although it might not have been a big deal for the legal profession if the vote had gone the other way). [New York Times]
* Congratulations to Drexel Law on a whopping $50 million gift — and its new name, the Thomas R. Kline School of Law. [Philadelphia Inquirer via WSJ Law Blog]
* The latest chapter in the “cautionary tale” of David Lola: dismissal of the contract attorney’s lawsuit against Skadden and Tower Legal. [American Lawyer]
* An office renovation for Baker Botts in Houston strips junior associates of window offices. [ABA Journal]
* How could Watson transform the practice of patent law? [Corporate Counsel]
* Are we seeing a reversal in the trend of declining prison populations? [Washington Post]
* The chorus of voices calling for Judge Mark Fuller to resign in the wake of domestic violence charges against him continues to grow. [New York Times]
Biglaw bonuses this year were insane. In an industry that usually plays “follow the leader” when it comes to associate bonuses, this year felt more like a poker tournament.For a full recap of the 2014 bonus season, fill out this brief form and receive ATL’s Biglaw Bonus Poker infographic.
A contract attorney’s overtime suit nearly runs aground when he looked for another job.