Tower Legal Staffing
After suing Biglaw for overtime and losing, a contract attorney is now living out of his car.
* Voters in Scotland just said no to independence from the United Kingdom (although it might not have been a big deal for the legal profession if the vote had gone the other way). [New York Times]
* Congratulations to Drexel Law on a whopping $50 million gift — and its new name, the Thomas R. Kline School of Law. [Philadelphia Inquirer via WSJ Law Blog]
* The latest chapter in the “cautionary tale” of David Lola: dismissal of the contract attorney’s lawsuit against Skadden and Tower Legal. [American Lawyer]
* An office renovation for Baker Botts in Houston strips junior associates of window offices. [ABA Journal]
* How could Watson transform the practice of patent law? [Corporate Counsel]
* Are we seeing a reversal in the trend of declining prison populations? [Washington Post]
* The chorus of voices calling for Judge Mark Fuller to resign in the wake of domestic violence charges against him continues to grow. [New York Times]
Some lawyers are best-served beavering away in the firm where they have worked since law school. For most legal careers, though, there come inflection points where a change of job can open a whole new world of opportunity. Recognizing whether your career has reached such an inflection point, and then knowing whom to trust to help […]
A contract attorney’s overtime suit nearly runs aground when he looked for another job.