Tower Legal Staffing
After suing Biglaw for overtime and losing, a contract attorney is now living out of his car.
* Voters in Scotland just said no to independence from the United Kingdom (although it might not have been a big deal for the legal profession if the vote had gone the other way). [New York Times]
* Congratulations to Drexel Law on a whopping $50 million gift — and its new name, the Thomas R. Kline School of Law. [Philadelphia Inquirer via WSJ Law Blog]
* The latest chapter in the “cautionary tale” of David Lola: dismissal of the contract attorney’s lawsuit against Skadden and Tower Legal. [American Lawyer]
* An office renovation for Baker Botts in Houston strips junior associates of window offices. [ABA Journal]
* How could Watson transform the practice of patent law? [Corporate Counsel]
* Are we seeing a reversal in the trend of declining prison populations? [Washington Post]
* The chorus of voices calling for Judge Mark Fuller to resign in the wake of domestic violence charges against him continues to grow. [New York Times]
David McCullough’s The Wright Brothers serves as an ideal case study on the requirements to innovate; a desire to learn, perseverance, and work ethic. I read it in route to a wonderful opportunity to serve as visiting lecturer for Professor and Parsons Behle & Latimer attorney Randy Dryer’s innovative Technology and Modern Litigation course at […]
A contract attorney’s overtime suit nearly runs aground when he looked for another job.