* In response to our contest for the best law firm offices, Vivia Chen proposes a contest for the shabbiest law firm offices — and gets the ball rolling with one nominee. (Hint: CHECK YOU hallways.) [The Careerist]
* Professor Eugene Volokh shares his views on the juicy leaked law review emails we covered earlier. [Volokh Conspiracy]
* And Professor Josh Blackman has some ideas about the identity of the conservative professor discussed in the controversial emails. [Josh Blackman’s Blog]
* Villanova hired ESPN’s Andrew Brandt to be the director of the school’s Center for Sports Law. Students would probably be more excited if this meant ESPN was interested in hiring them. [SB Nation Philly]
* Sumner Redstone of Viacom just donated $18 million to Boston University Law. Quick, Boston College, hurry up and find an old rich guy to make a multi-million dollar donation to your school! [Hollywood Reporter]
* Reality TV hottie Reichen Lehmkuhl, perhaps better known for being Lance Bass’s ex-boyfriend, reports that he’s going to law school. He should be required to attend class without his shirt on. [Instinct Magazine]
* “Now everybody’s gonna know that you died scratching my balls.” [Roll On Friday]
* “Get these motherf***ing iguanas off my… wait, iguanas? That’s not cool. Maybe we should go with ‘snakes’ or something. Unless you like hotz-pacho.” — conversation I wish happened. [Legal Blog Watch]
* The counterclaim from this allegedly pervy lawyer is priceless. [Not-So Private Parts / Forbes]
* Look, every time a company loses a bunch of money doesn’t mean a crime has been committed. [WSJ Law Blog]
* I actually think that liberals care about property rights just as much as conservatives. It’s just that liberals don’t automatically assume that any use of eminent domain is inherently nefarious. [The Volokh Conspiracy]
* Wait, sometimes my order from Amazon gets delayed because somebody stole it at the post office? [Legal Juice]
* Everybody, let’s say welcome to another publication that has figured out recent law graduates are drowning in debt. [Salon]
What’s next in eDiscovery? In this On Demand webinar, Recommind explores how predictive coding has evolved, and how prioritized review helps with fact-finding and legal problem solving. Watch this in-depth webinar to learn how advanced analytics and machine learning are powering litigation strategy as well as efficiency.
This week, Legal Eagle Wedding Watch salutes some tender new lawyer marriages. Read on for all the juicy details on these newlyweds, plus a recap of all the recent legal-eagle nuptials….