Yeshiva University – Benjamin N. Cardozo
This law school is trying to pull a fast one for the sake of its employment statistics.
* Pet therapy? This is what you’re doing with your time? This is why Cardozo can’t have nice things. [Cardozo Law]
* Nobody likes name-calling, but opting for the death penalty just because you don’t want to be called “retarded”? That’s, um, what’s the word I’m looking for? [Cincinnati Enquirer]
* Remember when Mary Jo White was going to bring teeth to the SEC? Well, that’s all over. [New Republic]
* Live tweeting a prostitution sting. Yeah there’s no way this could go wrong. [Slate]
* Law student says cops beat him so hard he lost a testicle. Um. That’s horrible. [KOB]
* Do you fancy yourself a funny lawyer? Then enter New York’s Funniest Professional competition. Lawyers square off later this month. [Gotham Comedy Club / Manhattan Comedy School]
* Judge sentences rapist to 45-days and community service… working in a rape crisis center. How could anyone be this tone-deaf? Oh, it’s in Texas? Never mind. [CNN]
* California lawyers now must promise to be courteous. Play nice, kids. [LA Times]
* Finally, it’s time to wish a happy birthday to Winston & Strawn’s Jonathan Amoona, who was on the 2014 Forbes 30 Under 30 list. I guess he won’t be anymore. His 30th birthday invitation went out to the managing partner and a bunch of the top rainmakers, which isn’t toolish at all. The invite is available after the jump….
After a decade of 60+ trips to Hong Kong from his former Miami home, our Evan Jowers has finally taken the plunge and moved to Hong Kong on a permanent basis. Since ’06, Evan has been head of Kinney’s Asia recruiting and over that time Kinney has easily placed more US associates, counsels and partners at top tier US and UK firms than any other recruiting firm (we have also made many in-house placements). (…)
Nobody cares about law school elections. Except this guy. He cares a lot about them.
Lawyer who used to date Playboy model is now suing because he couldn’t drive his convertible during the winter.
Don’t be a law student who tries to come between a police officer and his lunch. The result is not pretty.