Yeshiva University – Benjamin N. Cardozo
* Pet therapy? This is what you’re doing with your time? This is why Cardozo can’t have nice things. [Cardozo Law]
* Nobody likes name-calling, but opting for the death penalty just because you don’t want to be called “retarded”? That’s, um, what’s the word I’m looking for? [Cincinnati Enquirer]
* Remember when Mary Jo White was going to bring teeth to the SEC? Well, that’s all over. [New Republic]
* Live tweeting a prostitution sting. Yeah there’s no way this could go wrong. [Slate]
* Law student says cops beat him so hard he lost a testicle. Um. That’s horrible. [KOB]
* Do you fancy yourself a funny lawyer? Then enter New York’s Funniest Professional competition. Lawyers square off later this month. [Gotham Comedy Club / Manhattan Comedy School]
* Judge sentences rapist to 45-days and community service… working in a rape crisis center. How could anyone be this tone-deaf? Oh, it’s in Texas? Never mind. [CNN]
* California lawyers now must promise to be courteous. Play nice, kids. [LA Times]
* Finally, it’s time to wish a happy birthday to Winston & Strawn’s Jonathan Amoona, who was on the 2014 Forbes 30 Under 30 list. I guess he won’t be anymore. His 30th birthday invitation went out to the managing partner and a bunch of the top rainmakers, which isn’t toolish at all. The invite is available after the jump….
Nobody cares about law school elections. Except this guy. He cares a lot about them.
Ed. note: This is the second installment of a series of interviews with accomplished attorneys concerning “David vs. Goliath” scenarios and the strategies and innovations lawyers use — including litigation finance — to help level the playing field. This series is sponsored by Lake Whillans Litigation Finance. Tell us a bit about your background and practice. […]
Lawyer who used to date Playboy model is now suing because he couldn’t drive his convertible during the winter.
Don’t be a law student who tries to come between a police officer and his lunch. The result is not pretty.