* Professor Eugene Volokh wonders if Justice Sonia Sotomayor is truly the first disabled justice. [Volokh Conspiracy]
* Speaking of SCOTUS, should President Obama turn it into a campaign issue? First Amendment lawyer Marvin Ammori thinks so. [The Atlantic]
* We recently mentioned Keith Olbermann’s lawsuit against his former employer, Current TV. Now Current is turning the tables with a countersuit. [Thomson Reuters News & Insight]
* Threatening federal financial regulators: not a wise idea. Trader Vincent McCrudden learned that the hard way. [Dealbreaker]
* “Get High, Get Mauled By Bear, Get Workers’ Compensation?” [Legal Juice]
Yul Kwon: coming to a television near you.
* Adventures in trademark law — starring model, socialite, and reality TV star Olivia Palermo. [Fashionista]
* When is the best time to submit articles to law reviews? Professor Shima Baradaran is collecting data. [PrawfsBlawg]
* One of ATL’s favorite celebrities — Yale Law School grad Yul Kwon, the first Asian-American winner of Survivor (as well as a former Second Circuit clerk and McKinsey consultant) — is returning to television, hosting a new show.
What’s the show about? Find out, after the jump.
* Calling all cougars — and the young studs who love them. If you’re a single female who earns more than $500,000 a year (e.g., a Biglaw partner), you should check out this event. [DealBreaker] * Canadian lawyers are horndogs, too. [Legal Blog Watch] * “Though I did not think Judge Kopf owed me anything, […]
“Survivor” champ and YLS grad Yul Kwon made a triumphant return to his law school alma mater last week. In a speech entitled “How I Survived Survivor and Other Professional Challenges,” Kwon, who was introduced by YLS Dean Harold Koh, spoke about breaking down negative stereotypes about Asian Americans. At this point in his speech, […]
Asians, Biglaw, Bonuses, Duke Lacrosse Team Rape Case, Law School Deans, Money, Pro Se Litigants, Reader Polls, Samuel Alito, SCOTUS Clerks Are Fair Game, Sex, Stephen Breyer, Supreme Court Clerks, Survivor, Week in Review, Yul Kwon
The week before a major holiday is usually pretty slow. And the Friday before the holiday weekend is usually dead — the perfect time for Mike Nifong to announce he’s dropping the rape charges against the Duke lacrosse team defendants. Other highlights from the past week in legal news and ATL: * Get to know […]
Apparently you learn how to survive on a desert island. And how to beat out your fellow competitors for a $1 million cash prize, on one of America’s biggest reality television shows. Yul Kwon, the newly crowned winner of “Survivor: Race Wars” “Survivor: Cook Islands,” is a lawyer, former Second Circuit law clerk, and 2000 […]
Attention reality TV junkies: the new season of Survivor debuts tonight. This edition is formally called “Survivor: Cook Islands.” But as some have noted, you may know it better by its nickname: “Survivor: Race Wars.” Tonight, CBS kicks off the social experiment/ratings gimmick that is executive producer Mark Burnett’s latest and brashest attempt to give […]