Cox Smith Matthews
* Prospective presidential candidate and perennial president of the Elie Mystal Fan Club Mike Huckabee is proposing term limits for Supreme Court justices. Funny how this became a conservative cause célèbre as soon as the polls suggest they’re looking at 16 years of Democratic presidents. [L.A. Times]
* Texas firm Cox Smith is merging with Detroit’s Dykema to create Dykema Cox Smith. This should rocket the new firm up the Am Law Top 200, but obviously we’re more excited about the new name. Heh heh. [My San Antonio]
* Law360 named their top attorneys under 40. I assume all the ATL editors are on the list. I’d check myself, but Law360 is behind a paywall. [Law360 (sub. req.)]
* Dewey still have partner refugees from a certain law firm’s collapse? [Bloomberg BNA / Big Law Business]
* Duane Morris loses its corporate chair. Bad news piling up. [New York Law Journal]
* Here’s the cute way to announce new licensing terms. [Shutterstock]
We at Kinney are running the search for a fantastic in-house opening in Singapore, at the leading and largest tech company in Southeast Asia. The spot will be filled by a US associate with at least three years experience in M&A, from a top Wall Street or equivalent US firm. Compensation will be competitive with what the new hire is earning at their top tier law firm.