A few of the more prominent moves within this noble profession:
From government to private sector:
* Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is joining Royal Dutch Shell, as general counsel for its “unconventional resources division” (e.g., extracting oil from “oil shale” and “extra heavy oil” — don’t ask us, we don’t know).
(A WSJ Law Blog commenter sniffs: “One would think that she could have secured a more lucrative and high profile job, given her resume.” We agree somewhat on the “high profile” part, but don’t know enough about the filthy lucre associated with this gig.)
* Former assistant U.S. attorney Mauro Wolfe, with whom we used to work, to Dickstein Shapiro. He will be a partner in the firm’s securities practice, in the New York office.
* Mark Paoletta and Andrew Snowdon, to the D.C. office of Dickstein Shapiro (as partner and of counsel, respectively). Paoletta previously served as served as Chief Counsel for Oversight and Investigations on the House Committee on Energy and Commerce; Snowdon previously served as a lawyer on the Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee. They join the government law & strategy practice.
* The United States Attorney for Connecticut, Kevin O’Connor, has been named associate deputy attorney general at the Justice Department. His DOJ work will focus on violent crime, gangs, and guns. O’Connor plans to retain his post as U.S. Attorney for at least six months.
* M&A lawyer Michael Aiello, to Weil Gotshal, from Dewey Ballantine (as previously noted).
* Finance lawyer Philip Haber, to Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Nicholson Graham, from Nixon Peabody.
* Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft: Seven new partners. Names here (PDF).
* LeBoeuf Lamb: Five new partners. Names here.
* Patterson Belknap: White-collar defense lawyer Daniel Ruzumna, promoted from counsel to partner. Ruzumna served for six years as an AUSA in the legendary Southern District of New York. His final post in the S.D.N.Y. was Acting Chief of the Major Crimes Unit.
The voluminous links are collected after the jump.
Top Dewey M&A Partner Decamps to Weil [WSJ Law Blog]
Shell Hires Gale Norton As In-House Lawyer [WSJ Law Blog]
Metro Federal Prosecutor Named to National Position [Associated Press]
Dickstein Shapiro Announces The Addition Of Mauro M. Wolfe To Its Securities Practice [Dickstein Shapiro]
Dickstein Shapiro LLP Welcomes Mark R. Paoletta And Andrew L. Snowdon [Dickstein Shapiro]
NY Lawyers Switching Firms [NYLawyer.com]
Cadwalader Names New Partners (PDF) [Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft]
LeBoeuf Lamb Promotes Five Associates to Partner [LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae]
Firm Names New Partner and Counsel [Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler]