* Parents of Boston bombing victim Martin Richard are hoping their child’s murderer avoids the distracting spectacle of the death penalty. [Boston Globe]
* Local prosecutor may have been munching down on pot brownies. [Al.com]
* At least the Middle District of Florida is willing to throw a speed bump into the Kardashians’ continuing assault on the human spirit. [South Florida Lawyers]
* Jesus, overcriminalization is stupid: Atlanta teacher cheating edition. [Lawyers, Guns & Money]
* Note that cheating among poor inner-city kids demands the criminal justice system, while cheating at Stanford is a curiosity. [TaxProf Blog]
* Meet the labor lawyer who has it in for Uber. [Fusion]
* The phrase “fart clears courtroom” is always going to be a story. [Legal Cheek]
* The Kardashians are suing their father’s widow for allegedly trying to exploit his diary — because the Kardashians object to anything exploitative. [Courthouse News Service]
* Judge Edward Korman ruled that the FDA must stop requiring those under 17 years old to present a prescription for the morning after pill. MTV’s programming executives plan to appeal. [CNN]
* Do litigators really need instruction not to scream at witnesses? [Roll on Friday]
* A school in Massachusetts privatized school lunches, and then that company told its workers to dump the food of students who were in default on their lunch tickets. America! F**k Yeah! [Lawyers, Guns and Money]
* Illegalities sums up the malaise of being a Biglaw associate with this reblog. [Illegalities]
* Target learns the value of editing after labeling plus-sized dresses with the word “Manatee.” [Forbes]
* After the jump, watch Elie discuss his take on Democrats just coming around to supporting gay rights. Maybe McKayla Maroney rubbed off on Elie during their interview, because in this segment, he’s not impressed….
Biglaw bonuses this year were insane. In an industry that usually plays “follow the leader” when it comes to associate bonuses, this year felt more like a poker tournament.For a full recap of the 2014 bonus season, fill out this brief form and receive ATL’s Biglaw Bonus Poker infographic.