We continue our series of colorful summer associate stories. If you have a tale to tell, please check out the submission guidelines, and then email us.
(Some of you have worried about whether a tale might be “too old.” You need not fret; oldies can be goodies. We’re trying to compile a “greatest hits” list, so even hoary stories are okay. But please do indicate the summer in which the events occurred.)
Here’s our latest X-Summer:
1. Superhero name: S&S Slur-Man
2. Special power: Ability to attack women and minorities from 50 feet.
3. Summered: Shearman & Sterling, summer 2005 (believed to be DC).
4. Claim to fame: Here are the allegations, from our tipster:
“Asked a female summer how she felt about the fact that since she was a woman, she’d always make less than him. Subsequently, got drunk at a firm social event and called a Hispanic summer from HLS a “wetback.” Was directed to apologize by the firm… and did so in a half-assed, insincere manner. “
5. What happened next: “Slur-Man was fired (and obviously not given an offer). No knowledge of his eventual career.”
(The usual rules apply. Please don’t name the Slur-Man or speculate about his identity. Thanks.)
Earlier: Prior ATL coverage of summer associates (scroll down)