There’s a lot going on this morning, including the resignation of Alberto Gonzales as attorney general and the Michael Vick plea hearing. But none of this will prevent fall recruiting from going forward, full speed ahead. So let’s continue with our open threads on Vault 100 law firms.
Here are the Biglaw shops to talk about this morning. Two of them — Alston & Bird and Bingham & McCutchen — are, along with Nixon Peabody, on Fortune’s list of 100 Best Companies to Work For.
61. Alston & Bird LLP (5.742)
62. Heller Ehrman LLP (5.690)
63. Vinson & Elkins LLP (5.676)
64. Bingham McCutchen LLP (5.641)
65. Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP (5.635)
As you may recall, we wrote about Bingham McCutchen recently. Our post triggered some additional tips, which appear after the jump.
Please discuss these five firms in the comments. Thanks.
The Vault Top 100 Law Firms [Vault]
Earlier: Vault 1-5; Vault 6-10; Vault 11-15; Vault 16-20; Vault 21-25; Vault 26-30; Vault 31-35; Vault 36-40; Vault 41-45; Vault 46-50; Vault 51-55; Vault 56-60
In our last post, we quoted a Bingham McCutchen statement saying that they cut back on some of their on-campus recruiting for this fall due to “higher-than-anticipated acceptance rate for this past summer.” A Chicago source has this to say:
Bingham canceled all their OCI interviews at U of Chicago (not the same school mentioned by your last tipster), where OCI begins next week. Must be one helluva a SA class they had this year.
An employee of Bingham in DC had this bleak commentary:
This place is a sinking ship. Let me list the facts:
1. The office is a mess, support staff are clueless, file rooms are in an abominable condition. God help anyone who wants to locate a file in a hurry.
2. A worryingly large number of offices are unfilled. There are at least 6 ‘guest offices’ spread out over the 4 floors that Bingham leases. This place is like a ghost-town.
3. Bingham DC recently eliminated a number of the support staff positions, allegedly part of their ‘consolidation’ efforts. The conflicts department staff (5 people) was suddenly let go about 3 weeks ago.
Earlier: What’s Up With Bingham McCutchen?