David Boies, Chairman
Yale, LLB, NYU LLM
Jonathan Schiller, Managing Partner
Donald Flexner, Managing Partner
Which firms had the biggest revenue and the highest profits per partner last year, according to the latest Am Law 100 rankings?
Which legal eagles soared into the National Law Journal’s list of the Top 100 this year?
Earlier this week, Ted Olson and David Boies, along with lawyers from Cleary Gottlieb and Reed Smith, argued an appeal with billions of dollars at stake.
* Above the Law promotes real-world change! Complaint filed against a Texas judge after Elie calls him out for being RACEIST! [ABA Journal]
* If you were thinking of calling your friend from the Philippines a “skank” on Facebook, you may want to reconsider. [Philippine Inquirer]
* If you’re a powerful financial executive, lay off the bath salts. [DealBreaker]
* Judicial throwdown at the Second Circuit! Short version: Judge Raagi thinks Judge Jacobs should care way more about punishing guys sexting underage girls. Judge Jacobs thinks Judge Raagi watches too much Dexter. [Second Circuit / FindLaw]
* Federal District Judge John Lungstrum calls out a couple trial teams for terrible trial work. Biglaw litigators may not be the best trial attorneys? You don’t say. [New York Personal Injury Attorney Blog]
* Kenneth Anderson describes the U.S. government’s longstanding love affair with “imminence” in the context of the Obama drone strike white paper. To borrow from Rev. Lovejoy’s sermon: “Imminence…sweet imminence.” [Lawfare]
* Judges: If you’re going to base a decision on a particular fact… don’t include pictures in the opinion that directly contradict that finding. Check out page six, line two and Appendix 2 [Court of Appeals, State of Oregon]
* SCOTUSBlog and Bloomberg Law have a competition for law students. Beat your peers AND the SCOTUSBlog team and win $5000. [SCOTUSBlog]
Attention must be paid to Elizabeth Wurtzel. Check out the bestselling author turned lawyer’s latest controversial essay.
How big were the Boies Schiller bonuses this year? Very big. Here are some numbers, along with a wide-ranging interview with David Boies himself.
Which law firms pay starting salaries that exceed $160,000? Let’s make a list.
Why is Elizabeth Wurtzel being sued by her former publisher, and how much does Penguin want from her? And which other high-profile authors are also being sued?
Which Biglaw litigation departments strike fear into the hearts of their opponents? Let’s find out!
A closer look at Boies Schiller’s hiring of David Bernick, former general counsel of Philip Morris and former Kirkland & Ellis partner.
|Culture & Colleagues||B+|
|Bonus Category||Above Market|
08.04.2012 Dupont Minority Job Fair
08.10.2012 University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law
08.13.2012 Columbia Law School
08.14.2012 Harvard Law School
08.14.2012 Northwestern University School of Law
08.14.2012 University of Virginia
08.14.2012 Yale Law School
08.15.2012 Georgetown University Law Center
08.15.2012 NYU School of Law
08.16.2012 University of Pennsylvania Law School
08.22.2012 Stanford Law School
08.28.2012 University of Chicago Law School