Senior leaders from some of the world’s leading corporations featured on panels at Legal Technology Leadership Summit at Amelia Island.
Washington DC – July 25, 2011 – Patrick Oot, General Counsel and Co-Founder of the Electronic Discovery Institute (“EDI”), announced today that major corporations have shown overwhelming support for the 2011 Legal Technology Leadership Summit scheduled for Sep. 6-8, 2011 at Amelia Island, Florida. “We have speaking commitments from many people who play key leadership roles at major corporations and organizations across the country and internationally.” Those corporations include the following:
• Abbott Laboratories
• Altria Client Services Inc.
• AOL Inc.
• Bank of NY
• BP America Inc.
• Canam Steel Corporation
• Chevron Corporation
• CSX Transportation, Inc.
• Deere & Co.
• Dish Network
• Fannie Mae
• KBR Inc
• Lorillard Tobacco Company
• Motorola Solutions, Inc.
• NBC Universal
• NYC School Construction Authority
• Printpack, Inc.
• Proctor & Gamble
• Purdue Pharma LP
• Quality Distribution
• State Farm Insurance
• The Nielsen Company
• Towers Watson
• Trans Canada
• Union Bank
• Union Pacific
• US SEC
• Zurich N.A.
Note that some commitments are pending final management approval.
Oot went on to say, “What is equally impressive is the senior leadership roles that the panel members fulfill at their respective organizations. The panel members represent a tremendous aggregation of experience and insight that will deliver exceptional value to participants.” This is a listing of some of those roles played by panel members:
• Assistant General Counsel
• Associate Director, Commercial Legal Department
• Associate General Counsel
• Associate General Counsel and Director – Litigation, Arbitration & ADR
• Associate General Counsel, Litigation
• Chief Information Officer, Vice President of Facilities
• Chief Technology Officer
• Director and Senior Counsel, eDiscovery and Records Management
• Director of eDiscovery
• Director, Information Management and Compliance
• Director, Information Technology
• Discovery Counsel
• Discovery Counsel and Litigation Support Manager
• Global Compliance and Ethics Officer, Associate GC
• Group Counsel – E-Discovery and Data Privacy
• Manager e-Discovery Compliance
• Manager Litigation Discovery
• Manager, Litigation Support
• Managing Counsel – E-Discovery and Data Management
• Managing Director and Senior Managing Counsel
• National E-Discovery Counsel
• Program Director
• Senior Associate General Counsel -Litigation Support Group
• Senior Attorney & eDiscovery Counsel
• Senior Counsel & Director of Litigation and Risk Management
• Senior Director
• Senior Director, eDiscovery & Records Management
• Senior Director, IT Litigation
• Senior Vice President & Chief Litigation Counsel
• Senior Vice President, General Counsel – Global Media
• Special Counsel for Electronic Discovery
• Vice President – Enterprise Risk Management
• Vice President – Litigation
• Vice President & Assistant General Counsel
• Vice President & Counsel
• Vice President and Corporate Counsel
• Vice President and General Counsel
• Vice President Legal & Human Resources
• Vice President, Chief Counsel, Litigation
• Vice President, E-Discovery Manager
• Vice President, Litigation
• VP Associate General Counsel
Finally, Oot noted that, “Support for the Summit extends to a broad base of sponsors that serve the legal community.” Those sponsors include:
• Applied Discovery
• Clearwell Systems
• Ernst & Young LLP
• FTI Attenex
• Guidance Software
• Planet Data
• Robert Haff
• Thomson Reuters
• Valora Technologies
About the 2011 Legal Technology Leadership Summit
The Summit is co-presented by Above the Law, the American Society of Digital Forensics and eDiscovery, and the eDiscovery Institute. Summit information is available at: www.legaltechnology2011.com.
About the Electronic Discovery Institute
The Electronic Discovery Institute (www.ediscoveryinstitute.org) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit research organization that identifies and promote technologies and processes that can lower the cost or improve the quality of handling electronic discovery. The EDI website, has reports and articles available at no cost relating to its prior work in evaluating document categorization and conducting industry surveys on duplicate consolidation, email threading, and predictive coding. Its Judges Guide to Cost-Effective E-Discovery has been very well received.
About Above the Law
Above the Law is a prominent source for original legal news, counting among its readers everyone from general counsels and senior partners at the nation’s biggest firms to the ranks of first-year law students. Written by lawyers for lawyers, Above the Law’s staff blankets institutions like the Supreme Court, law schools, life at firms both big and small, and the impact technology has on the practice of law. It’s the first with salary and bonus information and is a hub of professional advice for legal professionals at all career stages.
About the American Society of Digital Forensics and eDiscovery
The American Society of Digital Forensics and eDiscovery (www.asdfed.com) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit association serving attorneys, compliance professionals, digital forensics examiners, litigation support professionals, paralegals and technologists.
Summit information is available at: www.legaltechnology2011.com
Joe Howie: [email protected]